Unicorn 2 Positives

adamtoonarmy

I have another thread going on here about the issues I had with my new Madrid when I went for my first trip out.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/91949-issues-with-new-unicorn-s2/

Its time for some positives now as I can start appreciating the van.

Starting on the outside:

It is a good looking van

I like the two wet lockers at the front

The gas locker is on the axle

It has ATC

The ALKO wheel lock seems extremely secure

I like the external sat point.

On the inside:

It looks good in there too.

There is loads of natural light

The front window is great

It has an alarm, tracker and high security door key

I love the drinks cabinet

Double dimmer lights at the front

Loads of different lighting options throughout

The front lounge is easy to convert and is large and comfortable

The Alde heating is great

The washroom is large and spacious and the shower is nice without using too much water

Nice to have an electric hob and a slightly larger fridge than my last van

I think I am going to like it now the teething troubles are sorted

Everything about the van is just great. ..... Just a pity the build quality and quality control is not

My sentiments entirely - couldn't have put it better Klarky.

Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 XS and 2013 Bailey Unicorn S2 Valencia

It's a pity thay only negatives usually get posted so full marks to the OP.

So I will add to this

We have has our Unicorn 2 since last June and have completed 72 nights in her so far and covered 2125 miles towing her.

I love the extra light the big window gives, one of our friends who has a Buccaneer always comments as they have the darkened windows!

Caravan designs are always a comprimise, for weight, cost and space but I'm impressed with this one. When we changed from our Senator Wyoming S6 I had a few reservations.

• no front locker
  • no onboard water tank
  • table taking up valuable space under bed
  • gas locker - big enough?
  • access to wardrobe

Well the lack of front locker has been no issue, the front side lockers have absorbed all our usual equipment except for the broom! I fitted a tank, the table has been no issue as the bed is higher than the Wyoming and all our gear goes under the table. The gas locker is slightly prohibative as it will not take 2 Safefil but it will take one with a 7 kg propane or a 11 & 7 kg propane. Well for the wardrobe I had to change the hinges to allow the door to fold flat when open.

And then I learnt on here the front lights have a dimmer. Not a mention anywhere else.

It is far better balanced than the Wyoming.

It's a pity thay only negatives usually get posted so full marks to the OP.

So I will add to this

We have has our Unicorn 2 since last June and have completed 72 nights in her so far and covered 2125 miles towing her.

I love the extra light the big window gives, one of our friends who has a Buccaneer always comments as they have the darkened windows!

Caravan designs are always a comprimise, for weight, cost and space but I'm impressed with this one. When we changed from our Senator Wyoming S6 I had a few reservations.

• no front locker
  • no onboard water tank
  • table taking up valuable space under bed
  • gas locker - big enough?
  • access to wardrobe

Well the lack of front locker has been no issue, the front side lockers have absorbed all our usual equipment except for the broom! I fitted a tank, the table has been no issue as the bed is higher than the Wyoming and all our gear goes under the table. The gas locker is slightly prohibative as it will not take 2 Safefil but it will take one with a 7 kg propane or a 11 & 7 kg propane. Well for the wardrobe I had to change the hinges to allow the door to fold flat when open.

And then I learnt on here the front lights have a dimmer. Not a mention anywhere else.

It is far better balanced than the Wyoming.

Exactly what we found.

Also we think rain on the roof is quieter and a nicer noise than an Alloy Roof Van.

The whole body shell feels so much more solid than a conventional (screw and wood) van.

Nice not to have all the tape over the joins in the roof and wall boards covering the joins, there aren't any.

Very easy to keep clean inside and out. - Outside No nasty corners and sharp bit to slice the hands - inside wipe clean walls and roof because they are GRP.

Very strong drawers compared to some makes.

Just out of interest which Safefill do you use the Red or larger Blue one.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

I have the original red

Thanks

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Have now owned our S2 Cadiz for about 16 months and love virtually everything about it; the only thing I'd change is to remove the bathroom radiator so that it could have been fitted with the slightly larger (and square) shower from the latest Pegasus rather than the round one it is currently fitted with. Certainly no lack of storage and the gas locker near the axle is a definite improvement.

We loved our previous Senator Vermont, but the Cadiz is just the biz!!

Hi rushallmanor. Did you say you'd fitted an onboard tank? If so, which one? I've been looking at the Capricorn Controls tank which has solenoid valves etc. Previously had a Senator Indiana and a Pegasus 524 which had an identical system installed by Bailey

Have just got back from our first weekend in our new Madrid

and have to agree with the OP lots of positives no negatives.

We went over the van with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find one problem a

first as our last two vans nearly had us giving up on caravanning with all the problems.

This is our first van with Alde heating and we can`t believe how good

it is a definite step forward.

By the way adamtoonarmy we can adjust the screen angle on our Avtex TV its quite stiff

but can be moved.

Have just got back from our first weekend in our new Madrid

and have to agree with the OP lots of positives no negatives.

We went over the van with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find one problem a

first as our last two vans nearly had us giving up on caravanning with all the problems.

This is our first van with Alde heating and we can`t believe how good

it is a definite step forward.

By the way adamtoonarmy we can adjust the screen angle on our Avtex TV its quite stiff

but can be moved.

Interesting - I will have a go, glad you had a positive experience with your van and I couldn't agree more about the heating.