Lake District Recommendations

We are about to have our debut run out in our new caravan and we are thinking of venturing up to the Lakes mid-late April. Can anyone recommend a nice site/s for us with two young children, CC C&CC commercial or CL.

For the kids:

Brockhole - between W'mere and Ambleside

Lakes Aquarium & Haverthwaite Steam Railway - Newby Bridge at S of Lake Wind.

Park at Haverthwaite, steam engine to Aquarium, back to car or do a steamer boat from Aquarium.

Grizedale Forest Vis. Centre with good adventure playground.

Maybe pick a site with an indoor pool if weather is wet.

If really wet, Kendal has a Fun Factory - indoor play area for under 11's and tis on Parkside Road close to K Village (which is not worth a visit).

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

close to K Village (which is not worth a visit).

It doesn't justify that much praise

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

:lol::lol::lol:

Graham

We are about to have our debut run out in our new caravan and we are thinking of venturing up to the Lakes mid-late April. Can anyone recommend a nice site/s for us with two young children, CC C&CC commercial or CL.

The easy sites to get into are the cc and ccc sites at Troutbeck head just outside of Keswick. Meathop fell is easy to get to but a little out of the way. Ccc have a site in between kendal and Winderemere that gives reasonable easy access to many places. Cc Park Coppice in Coniston is good but the access is a bit exciting in places but not enough to be off putting. Ccc site in Keswick is very convenient and relatively easy to get to. But for me the place to be has to be Cc borrowdale Low Manesty, though the access needs a lot of care it is definitely worth the effort.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Troutbeck Head Caravan Club Site, Penrith nice site easy access, excellent outdoor centre next door quads, archery, the argocat is fun. Phone signal poor.

Kendal CC site would be one of the easiest to access a short car trip into Kendal with pool etc. On site lots of wood land to investigate but care needed in some of the old gunpowder works. Also has wifi &good phone (if your little ones are of that age)

Kendal also has a C & C C site on its N edge. CC CL on S edge and within walking distance of town centre and my house!

Graham

park coppice is one of my favourite sites

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

park coppice is one of my favourite sites

Got 10 days there Easter time.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Troutbeck Head Caravan Club Site, Penrith nice site easy access, excellent outdoor centre next door quads, archery, the argocat is fun. Phone signal poor.

Kendal CC site would be one of the easiest to access a short car trip into Kendal with pool etc. On site lots of wood land to investigate but care needed in some of the old gunpowder works. Also has wifi &good phone (if your little ones are of that age)

Was up in the lakes today to buy a boat and decided to have a look at the CC site at Kendal. First off the satnav sent me down a dead end on the wrong side of the river them after much searching I found what I think was the site,,hidden amongst the trees near to the river, lights etc but couldn't find the entrance! Edited by Guest

Got 10 days there Easter time.

Have you been before griff?

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Yes C1 and like yours one of our favourites, have been about 10 times now over the years.

Always enjoy the 'varied' tow coming from the south off the M6 J36.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

• 1 month later...

Ok thanks for the recommendations.

We went, and stayed at 2 nights in Morecombe just as a stop over. I wouldn't recommended the place. It reminds me of that tune that Morrisey sung about the sea side town, that they forgot to close down. The town definately needs a lick of paint. The site at Regent was clean, and well run with friendly staff, but a little crumpled and urban.

The lakes; we spent two days at CC Coppice Park Farm, which as described, requires attention to approach from either direction, but once there was brilliant, and convenient for the lake and Coniston town/village, pitches well spaced but underlating.

Skellwith fold for our last three nights; very polished site, undulating but clean, and very helpful and friendly staff.

I would recommend both, with Skelwith maybe having the edge, with easier access, and I will try Keswick next time.

Many thanks for the help.