2013 Lunar Lexon 530

mark41

Hi all, we are thinking about buying a 2013 Lunar Lexon 530, it is new even though it is 2013 model as the dont do this model for 2014, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, our previous vans have been Baileys, so we dont know anything about Lunars, do the still call them leaky Lunars, hope not. thanks for looking

You take a gamble with any UK built van in terms of water ingress risk unfortunately. We have been very pleased with our 2005 Lunar and we are going looking at a newer slightly bigger Lunar today. The new ones look stylish and well finished off and sensible weights too. We love Lunar.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

Hi Mark41, I totally agree with Thensum, well finished and good weights. We bought our 2012 Lexon 540 new at the end of 2012 when the dealer wanted room for the new models and we have used it probably for 8 weeks since then. It had its first service at the end of last year and everything was as it should be with no damp. We have had no problems with the van and had no reason for any warranty work of any sort. The only thing that we have had go wrong was the little O ring on the shower pole popped out but was an easy fix for me to put it right.

The only thing with the 530, and this is only personal choice, is having the fixed bed reduces the size of the bathroom.

Hope you have as much enjoyment out of your Lunar as we have,

Dave

Dave & Annette .

05 Elddis Sunseeker 400RL

Hi Mark41

I have the 2012 lexon 530, its a great van and such a shame they haven't done a 2014 model. If i had the choice id still go with a 2013 as it has the alde heating. The only possible downside could be the washroom as DTH mentioned above, if you feel you need a full bathroom then you will struggle, for us its perfect as we always use the sites facilities and id rather have the extra space in the van.

Havent had any issues with damp, we are due 2nd service in May and we havent had any problems apart from a faulty truma ultra flow, before that we had a 2011 Lunar Stellar too without any problems. I do like lunars for their quality but its just a shame there isnt a newer/move on with a smaller bathroom, was in a 560 yesterday and it felt very cramped as the washroom is in the center of the van!

Good luck in whatever you decide to go with

Simon