Looking for advise from those Eterniti owners on who they insure their pride can joys with.

Ours is insured with the Caravan club :-)

I aint getting on no plane. ....FOOL !!!

Eterniti Genisis IB4 behind a VW Amarok

I insure my van with lifesure. Got a good price without having to install additional safety devices. They require a hitchlock and wheel clamp only along with the phantom tracker / alarm system fitted to the van.

Not sure if it is ok to add vehicle breakdown cover to this as they do sort of go together. Our breakdown and recovery was through the RAC but the IB4 exceeded the maximum length stated in their terms and conditions and ended up with the AA. We also had green flag recovery as part of our car insurance but again the IB4 was too long for them to recover. Worth checking the small print.

Edited by Rob N Judith

Runner

I am also with the caravan club for the insurance they seem but you only find out how good when you put a claim in.

I have AA cover whichs is for the car and van but it is best to to get them to confirm this.

Gee

I am with the RAC,better check to see if the caravan is covered for recovery

Caravan Club for van and Mayday through the club for recovery.

Mayday is designed for caravanners so no limits and double journey included.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Standard RAC has weight/length limits but RAC Arival through c&cc has no limits

My recovery was through the C&CC using their discount with the RAC but when i rang to ask they said they were unable to provide recovery due to the length of the van. ?? Changed now but disappointing if i was given poor advice by them.

I did confirm verbally with the AA that they would recover our caravan and also used their e-help system to confirm again when i took the policy out which was very good.

Edited by Rob N Judith

My recovery was through the C&CC using their discount with the RAC but when i rang to ask they said they were unable to provide recovery due to the length of the van. ?? Changed now but disappointing if i was given poor advice by them.

I did confirm verbally with the AA that they would recover our caravan and also used their e-help system to confirm again when i took the policy out which was very good.

We know just how inconvenient a breakdown while towing your caravan, trailer tent or trailer can be, so we have teamed up with RAC to provide caravan breakdown cover that is tailored to your needs. Arrival provides Club members with unique benefits so that you can rest assured that you have breakdown cover that will cover you when you need it.

Unique benefits for caravans, trailer tents and trailers include:

Caravan breakdown recovery on any UK campsite.

Cover for large units over 7. 6 metres (25ft) in length or 2. 3 metres (7 ft 6 in) in width^ .

If your caravan cannot be towed and requires recovery on a flatbed truck, RAC will recover it at no additional charge† .

‘Arrival Return’ so if you suffer a car or caravan breakdown on the way to a campsite and RAC can’t repair you at the roadside or at a local garage within a reasonable amount of time, they will take you, your car and caravan to the site and back home again†.

Follow on Recovery, so we can take your caravan to a second location of your choice (within a 75-mile radius)†.

A ‘Re-Unite’ service so if you are away from your campsite when your car breaks down, RAC will take you back to the site within a 75-mile radius to collect your caravan before getting you home†.

Optional European caravan breakdown cover with no supplements (for cars or caravans)

Personal breakdown cover, so you will be covered as a driver or passenger in any vehicle, whether you are towing or not.

Sorry, wasnt offered this option by the RAC when i phoned them after changing vans to Eterniti which was longer than our previous van. As posted previously i was old that due to the van length they were unable to recover the caravan. Never had to use the RAC but I would have been happy to stay with them.

I have had to use a breakdown / recovery service many years ago after we lost 4th gear in our Mercedes Auto, and were glad we had cover that provided cover while towing.

The cover described above seems ideal for larger vans but if the RAC are not offering it when people enquire then this seems to be a problem. May be a one off but can only give my own experience.

What RAC offer as RAC and what they offer under the C and CC Arrival scheme are two different animals. Same as standard Green Flag and Mayday.

Never bought either as had sufficient cover for our needs under vehicle breakdown scheme, but it does look as though Green Flag is way better than Arrival.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I Insure with Scenic Caravan Insurance:

2013 BB5 Hitch Lock & BBW Wheel lock

£533. 00

Not sure if it can be got cheaper but it was cheaper then the Caravan Club when I got a quote.

We spoke to the RAC and they said that under there standard policy if the tow vehicle failed this and the caravan would be recovered but if the fault is with the caravan only then they would not recover it,that's what they said but I feel a bit uneasy about it

Edited by HDom

I Insure with Scenic Caravan Insurance:

2013 BB5 Hitch Lock & BBW Wheel lock

£533. 00

Not sure if it can be got cheaper but it was cheaper then the Caravan Club when I got a quote.

Ruairi

I am insured with the CC and have just got my new quote through it is £410 but obviously this will depend on what you want covering for. I have the diamond wheel lock,IDC and the Winterhoff hitch lock along with the usual standard features in the van.

Graham

Ruairi

I am insured with the CC and have just got my new quote through it is £410 but obviously this will depend on what you want covering for. I have the diamond wheel lock,IDC and the Winterhoff hitch lock along with the usual standard features in the van.

Graham

I tried the CC and they were over 600 and wanted a tracking device, I will try them again this year. .

Ruairi

The insurance is the 5C`s one through the CC. I have just checked the quote and itis for £410 which i do not think is to bad when you say it fast. :) But obviously everyone has different items to insure.

Graham

Ours in insured with 'lifesure' and at the time of changing vans in November last year they quoted an annual premium of £440.

The 2014 IB4 has an alarm and tracker fitted as standard and they require a hitchlock and wheel clamp although i also use 2 motorbike chains between the twin wheels with security padlocks.

Ours is with 5cs throught the caravan club £425 also car insured with them and only got alarm tracker and hitch lock.

Breakdown recover car and van greenflag

Yes

I have insured the van and car with 5C`s.

Graham