Awning Test Run

bob1982

Planning on our first family caravan trip at easter and thinking I could do a dummy run setting the awning up. We keep our van on the drive at home and was going to set up the awning on thr front garden. But the van is facing the wrong way.

rather than muck about turning the van around. ... is there any reason why I shouldnt use the awning rail on the opposite side I. e. opposite side to where the door is?

May be a daft question but is this ok to do as a dummy run.

also out of curiosity why is there an awning rail on the opposite side of the van to where the door is?

No reason why not, but see below.

I'm guessing that the off-side awning rail is just a good way of sealing the join between the side wall and the roof.

Mine hasn't got any entry points for an awning - hope yours has.

Land Rover is now back towing.

Go for it.

Might be hard work hammering the pegs into your drive though :rolleyes: .

Why is here an awning rail on the off side? Some people use this side for another living area, be it a sleeping area or somewhere to chill if the sun's beating down on the "normal" side. Sometimes used if you just want to use a canopy rather than a porch or full awning.

Edited by Pebble

2019 Adria Adora Thames

I'd at least try sliding it into the right (i. e left) side channel, just to make sure its not bent or blocked. If it is you can sort it out before you go.

I did a test run on mine the other day, using the neighbours drive!

post-65702-0-77898500-1394133797_thumb.jpg

Ahhhh. ... good point. May have to turn it round and stop being lazy.

Out of interest how did u get on. ... any tips before I try as I have been told setting up an awning often leads to divorce

Isabella has a spray for the channel, but it's £8. 50. I assume that anything slippery would do, (but not WD40).

• 1 month later...