Irish Sea News. H S S

Just so KonTiki can get his wildwater kicks Stena will re-introduce the HSS Stena Explorer on the Holyhead - Dun Laoghaire route with effect from 9th April 2014.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I already know - I have some bookings already! We love The Stena Line xx

Dates of operation are: 9 April to 9 Sept, plus 20-23 Dec, (white water), 27-30 Dec (more white water), 2-5 Jan (more white water)

Fast craft!

Russell

If anyone is unfamiliar with this vessel, here I am on board in rough seas, rolling and rolling, unable to stand up, even for a wee!

HSS video and pics

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Glad you didn't move to Boroughbridge Russell. ...

Geoff

Is it flooded again?

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

No Russ. ..

geoff

I already know - I have some bookings already! We love The Stena Line xx

Dates of operation are: 9 April to 9 Sept, plus 20-23 Dec, (white water), 27-30 Dec (more white water), 2-5 Jan (more white water)

Fast craft!

Russell

If anyone is unfamiliar with this vessel, here I am on board in rough seas, rolling and rolling, unable to stand up, even for a wee!

HSS video and pics

Fully experienced this Christmas!

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

What date were you on board? I was booked for the 20th, but it was retimed to depart at 0830, so I went the day after instead. Never got off at the other end, just stayed on for the ride. It was grand.

The HSS is a lovely machine, looks as futuristic today as it did 15 years ago.

Russ

Went over on the 21st and came back on the 28th. I don't think is sailed In between due to the wind.

It was Carnos when we got to Holyhead as the swift was cancelled due to the wind.

Mike

Ah we were on the same day! I was stood at the front filming and then outside for a while.

I've heard that despite a commitment to operate in 2015, this may be the last year of the Explorer, so I'll be travelling as often as possible on rough weather days.

The Swift is cancelled quite a bit but I have had four good rough crossings on that. It goes like the clappers too

Russell

Ah we were on the same day! I was stood at the front filming and then outside for a while.

I've heard that despite a commitment to operate in 2015, this may be the last year of the Explorer, so I'll be travelling as often as possible on rough weather days.

The Swift is cancelled quite a bit but I have had four good rough crossings on that. It goes like the clappers too

Russell

Done a few rough ones on the HSS, once left Holyhead in the sun watched loads tucking in to their fish and chips only to see them clutching a sick bag an hour later!

The swift is even better when it's rough. Once had the middle daughter throw up all over me when she was about 2 so had to go onto the car deck to get some clean clothes for us both. Hot and noisy with the engines giving it some and all the car alarms going off.

Mrs G hates ferries but I can't think why!

Mike

It's always the same crew on the Swift when I use it and I have a reputation of being the only one bar the crew that is not looking for a "convenience bag"

I'm on the InCat Fastcraft to Guernsey at the weekend, but calm is forecast, tut, tut

For a REAL white knuckle ride, try the Birkenhead ferry in a force 2!

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, Fast Craft!

I found some offers for a fiver return, so I'm treating my other half to a week on the high seas on the HSS! We are going five days out of the six we are in Wales! Fast Craft!

Geoff, I'm in Boroughbridge!

Russ