5050 Smd Question For The Led Wizz's Out There.

MonkeyMark

Does anyone know if the 5050 RGB strip led's can also display white or just the colours?

I bought some 3528 thinking it could but it can only do RGB.

Anyone know?

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

i got 5050 LED's in both cool and warm white, eBay has loads .

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/300919969769?var=600127075593&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984. m1423. l2649

i go for the waterproof ones everytime, just makes it alot neater.

i got 5050 LED's in both cool and warm white, eBay has loads .

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/300919969769?var=600127075593&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984. m1423. l2649

i go for the waterproof ones everytime, just makes it alot neater.

Thanks. But that's not quite what I mean. I already have cool white ones.

What I meant was the coloured rgb ones also showing white. I've had a look and found a YouTube video of one cycling through the colours and going warm & cool white so you can get them apparently, I just can't see any on fleabay.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

No, coloured ones do colours and white ones do white

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Rgb ones produce white when all 3 colours are lit together. :)

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Rgb ones produce white when all 3 colours are lit together. :)

Maybe the 5050 ones do as they are tri led's, but the 3528's don't.

Can you confirm the 5050's are white when all 3 on?

If that's the case there's loads available 👍

Mark ours have one of each colour in a row over the 5 meter length, not all 3 colours in each led. when i press the white button on the remote you get a white light, but if you look at the strip then its all 3 colour leds lit at the same brightness, to vary from warm to cool it just dims the correct ones. i can't remember which size ours are, but the range of colours they can produce is vast. they weren't expensive either, but are waterproof as they are under the 'verhanda' part of our awning.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Mark ours have one of each colour in a row over the 5 meter length, not all 3 colours in each led. wuhen i press the white button on the remote you get a white light, but if you look at the strip then its all 3 colour leds lit at the same brightness, to vary from warm to cool it just dims the correct ones. i can't remember which size ours are, but the range of colours they can produce is vast. they weren't expensive either, but are waterproof as they are under the 'verhanda' part of our awning.

Hmm strange.

Mine is the same. When white is pressed all three colours light but it certainly doesn't look white, the colours are very clear.

Edited by MonkeyMark

when i press the white button on the remote you get a white light, but if you look at the strip then its all 3 colour leds lit at the same brightness, to vary from warm to cool it just dims the correct ones.

Thanks Dave, I stand corrected.

When I press white I just see the three colours, but you got me thinking so. ..

This morning I ran some strip in a channel. Looking directly at it I see the colour but when I step back it is throwing out white light!

I may still buy another strip. Mine is like Dave's with separate coloured Led's whereas some of the 5050's appear to have the 3 in one chip which gives smoother colour transition. At least it appears that way though it's hard to to tell which on the listings.

White is not a colour itself, it's simply all colours - remember the prism? It splits white light out into it's constituent colours. Same goes for black, that's not a colour either, just an absence of light.

White is not a colour itself, it's simply all colours - remember the prism? It splits white light out into it's constituent colours. Same goes for black, that's not a colour either, just an absence of light.

quite correct. mine indeed do black when they are turned off. ;)

For some reason that had evaded me at first, probably because looking directly at them the colours are so prominent, but I realised over night. 👍

quite correct. mine indeed do black when they are turned off. ;)

We must have the same ones! 😄

What I'm now trying, and struggling to do is find which ones have the 3 colours together in the same 5050 smd. As the colours are closer together it seems to give a cleaner white. They also shift colours smoother as they don't have to move along to swap.

Problem is none seem to tell you how they are laid out.

These have RGB LEDs along with an IR remote. I have them in the conservatory at home running from the (12V) mains adaptor.

http://m. ebay. co. uk/itm/390745880899

These have RGB LEDs along with an IR remote. I have them in the conservatory at home running from the (12V) mains adaptor.

http://m. ebay. co. uk/itm/390745880899

Hi Tony.

Do you mean they have the 3 colours within one led?

It will depend on the controller rather than the LED. If it has red green and blue, by controlling it right it could do white. On the other had white LEDs are blue with a bit of fluorescent material, so cant do other colours.

The numbers, by the way are a size. 3528s are 3. 5mm by 2. 8mm. 5050. Yes you guessed it 5. 0mm by 5. 0mm. So One 5050 is not always the same as another 5050.

It will depend on the controller rather than the LED. If it has red green and blue, by controlling it right it could do white. On the other had white LEDs are blue with a bit of fluorescent material, so cant do other colours.

The numbers, by the way are a size. 3528s are 3. 5mm by 2. 8mm. 5050. Yes you guessed it 5. 0mm by 5. 0mm. So One 5050 is not always the same as another 5050.

Most 3528's use 3 of each colour in a row to make up the rgb, (300 strip has 100 of each colour)

some 5050's use tri colour diodes, (so in a 300 led strip you get 300 able to do all colours)

Hi Tony.

Do you mean they have the 3 colours within one led?

Yes :)

Tony

Yes :)

Tony

Excellent, my search is over!

Now when is pay day again? :/