Inflatable Porch Awnings

oljohn

Please can anyone tell me if they are using an inflatable awning we have got a 2012 bailey rimini and are looking for something quicer and easier to put up than our Isabella awning and with the van being 13cms taller we wondered if it will fit ok

We have a Kampa Rally Air 260 porch awning and find it so easy to put up. The size is 260 x 250 cm. Floor size. The larger 390 awning is 390 x250 Floor size. Both fit a height of 235 - 250 cm. Hope that helps.

If you do a search on air awnings you will find quite a few and many positives for the Kampa Air awnings it seems

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

• 1 month later...

We have just bought a Varkala 420 and will be using it for the first time this weekend

We narrowed our search down to the Varkala, the senna and the Kampa rally air 390.

our biggest dilemma was choosing between the Vango and the Kampa, both good companies

The main selling point with the Kampa is that all of the air poles are interconnected so you inflate from one point and all of the beams inflate.

Now whilst the Kampa is a quicker system to inflate, i felt there are more areas to fail due to all of the interconnecting pipes and valves

So we had now narrowed it down to the 2 Vango awnings.

We visited a dealer who had both erected and decide on the Varkala firstly because of the stronger 420D ripstop material as opposed to the 150D material of the Senna, and secondly standing inside it was a lot brighter.

Please let us know how you get on with your varkala 420 this weekend. I also like the look of the varkala over the Kampa because of the thicker material and you also get 2 year warranty with Vango.

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

We have just bought a Varkala 420 and will be using it for the first time this weekend

We narrowed our search down to the Varkala, the senna and the Kampa rally air 390.

our biggest dilemma was choosing between the Vango and the Kampa, both good companies

The main selling point with the Kampa is that all of the air poles are interconnected so you inflate from one point and all of the beams inflate.

Now whilst the Kampa is a quicker system to inflate, i felt there are more areas to fail due to all of the interconnecting pipes and valves

So we had now narrowed it down to the 2 Vango awnings.

We visited a dealer who had both erected and decide on the Varkala firstly because of the stronger 420D ripstop material as opposed to the 150D material of the Senna, and secondly standing inside it was a lot brighter.

I'm new to caravaning Easter weekend I put up a varkla 420 air awning well it was so easy to put up it only took me 20 minutes first time so any one with experience will do it in about 10 minutes put in rail peg the back down then pull it out peg front then attach pump it blows both ways about 4pumps then move onto next one once all 4 done pump up roof supports and that it easy peasy

I was going for the Kampa air 390 but now considering the sunncamp ultima 390 because it has flyscreens to windows, is available and cheaper than the Kampa although I would of preferred the single inflation :unsure:

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Fantastic awning
Very bright and airy, a lot heavier getting it through the awning rail but once threaded through about 4 to 5 mins to get it all inflated, then spent about 20 mins getting it pegged so it was all square and tight
Very rigid and very little movement in the light wind that we had.
Would highly recommend this awning.
If you have any other questions just ask and I will answer as best I can

post-67251-0-95046200-1399416345_thumb.jpgpost-67251-0-34517700-1399416359_thumb.jpgpost-67251-0-01003600-1399416377_thumb.jpgpost-67251-0-51633400-1399416398_thumb.jpgpost-67251-0-16039000-1399416432_thumb.jpgpost-67251-0-55665700-1399416456_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bought a Sunncamp Ultima Air 280 last week and tried it out this weekend over in Holmfirth.

In a word 'brilliant' :D

So easy to put up, took around 12 minutes, with most of the time taken up pegging it out.

Rained Saturday night and not a drop of water inside.

Took around 5 or 6 minutes to take down and pack away.

What a fantastic piece of kit with heavy poles now a thing of the past.

post-52915-0-29853100-1402841440_thumb.jpg

Edited by moomooland

Some good pics of the Varkala there, looks well put up, we have done well with that model this year, feels really substantial

Steve