Help On C C Wifi Please

I've just bought a new laptop which runs on Windows 8 unfortunately. When I started it up at home, I had to go to network and put in the password for my home broadband.

When we go to a CC site, do I

1) go to the network (if I can remember how), click on caravan club wifi, then go to internet explorer or googlechrome for the CC website to come up,

or 2) do I just switch on and go straight to IE or GC please?

thanks for your help

Sandy

Sandy

Fire up your pc. In the bottom right hand side you will see something that looks like a signal meter. Click on this and it will tell you what you are connected to. If you need to connect to another wifi or the cc wireless, click this and then select the network you want.

Once connected, on the cc sites you will need to go into ie and that should automatically bring up the cc registration/log in page. That's when you enter those details.

Just remember that you need to log out of the cc site, otherwise your time will click out. But I've also just seen that on some sites the connection has changed so that you don't get timed out. Not experienced that yet!

• 1 month later...

Access to the CC web site on a CC site is free and there is plenty of help to explain what to do and how to set it up and pay.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I have no experience of CC wifi but I guess this "free CC" site does not require a login so just connecting to the wifi network then browsing to this site. Perhaps the OP might like to know the URL?

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

The CC wifi does allow connection to the CC website free. I think the above refers to the C&CC.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Just remember that you need to log out of the cc site, otherwise your time will click out. But I've also just seen that on some sites the connection has changed so that you don't get timed out. Not experienced that yet!

With the new system you don't have to log out as it doesn't calculate the time you're connected. Your day (week etc) runs continuously from first log-on. TBH I preferred the previous arrangement but I'm probably in a minority.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Our previous 2013 voucher expired today so just taken the £10/7 day connection.

As we use it on two MacBooks, just need to remember to logout properly as just closing down does not disconnect and the second can't log on until it's been done.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

The wifi works well much better than it used to. The daily/weekly/monthly/yearly subscriptions are a much better solution than the previous ones. To login simply open a browser and pick one of your bookmarks the wifi will open the clubs site for you to login or register for wifi. if you have more than one device you need to logout when changing from one device to the other, to logout simply type logout. net into the address bar and press return.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.