Hi From North Wales

Hi, I'm Andy, OH is Steph and we are new to caravans, pick up our Bailey Milan in 14 days, 15 hours and 32 minutes.

Not counting really!!! ;)

Hi Andy -

Welcome to our forum ! -- any questions -just ask, no such thing on here as a daft question, so ask away.

david.

member ,- North Wales D/A & North Wales B. C. C

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Thanks and Hi David, I have posted a question, and probably daft too in Bailey Section.

Really looking forward to getting our van, and spending time out.

Andy

Hi Andy and Steph, welcome to the best caravan forum on the web which this one is. I too am a member of the North Wales DA (camping and caravan club) and North Wales BCC (British Caravanners club) but there are other clubs and groups out there. Good luck with the van and the camping.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

:welcome:

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hello to you both & welcome to the forum,

Staying on a site close to home is a good idea for the first trip, this way you can find any little niggles & get them sorted before going for longer periods, you also find the extra things that come in handy, bottle openers, pans etc

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi, and welcome to the forum from another North Walian

Ian

Thanks guys for the welcome, and tips.

We have booked 1 night at the plassey site, near us as a first outing just to make sure we get things right and I'm sure that won't happen!! lol

We will be using the van as much as we can, and both looking forward to it very much.

:)

Hi,

If you are going to the Plassey -beware- the road in the village leading to the Plassey has sleeping policemen--- big ones ! anything over 20 m. p. h. and you will have an airborne caravan ( dont ask how i know ! ) the road is also rather narrow as well.

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Thanks for that, image of a flying home in my mind right now!!! :D

I know the area very well, have lived in Wrexham most of my life, so keeping it near home so when I find I have forgotten something I can just nip back ;)

Oh, and I take my 44Tonne Scania down through there quite a lot, seems to please the locals. NOT!!

It's my job, and the sheep would starve if I didn't.

Hi and welcome. when I got my new caravan I booked 1 night at a Caravan Club site within an hours drive but the next day I wish I'd booked two or three nights as I just wanted to stay in it!

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

Hi and welcome. when I got my new caravan I booked 1 night at a Caravan Club site within an hours drive but the next day I wish I'd booked two or three nights as I just wanted to stay in it!

Don't say that, I'll have a hard enough job getting Steph home as it is!! lol

Thanks guys for the welcome, and tips.

We have booked 1 night at the plassey site, near us as a first outing just to make sure we get things right and I'm sure that won't happen!! lol

We will be using the van as much as we can, and both looking forward to it very much.

:)

Plassey is a bit pricey even for one night there are lots of good sites in the area that are far more reasonable in price.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

It is a little pricey, but we are not too sure of other sites to start. And it is a little taster for the just the 1 night.