Nordelettronica

I have a Nordelettronica unit in my Swift, now 10 years old, I have just had one of the switches go, a simple repair, but in the light of tales of this brand, is it worth having it changed for a more up to date unit of a different brand, ie a Sargent, is it a straight swap as there are a lot of connections on the back, most seem to be multiplugs.

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Marks, from what I have read (and experienced!) with these units, there was a manufacturing fault which made them fail (just go dead) like clockwork within the first year or two at the most. I also recall reading that the problem period peak was around 2007 - 2009.

So if yours is working at 10 years old - I'd forget about it if I were you and save your money.

Edited by Alansl

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

The Nord Electronica unit was functionally a sophisticated bit of kit well suited to properly charge batteries but let down by some substandard components. I would not be to hasty to dump it as many replacement units will not do as good a job.

This company has been well spoken of as a refurbisher of these units; must be worth giving them a ring and discuss your issue;

http://www. apuljackengineering. co. uk/chargers. htm

Yep - apuljack repaired/upgraded mine when it died. Its been faultless since and I'm happy I have a intelligent charger/PSU which works really well.

Education is important but beer is more importanter.