Has Anyone Used A Ferry .co.uk

Hi,

Campsites booked camping Treumal (Costa Brava) On a general internet search A Ferry. co. uk has come up with a fare £80 less for the above route with DFDS, this is £80 less than DFDS is offering personally through their website!

Is there a catch? or am I just cynical? .

Regards Paul.

There was another post about this company yesterday. I tried for our crossings, and, yes, you're right it saved me some money. What worried me, though, was that timings of the ferries offered was completely different to those on the DFDS website for exactly the same dates! We've used DFDS crossings many times in the past, always booked either through the Caravan Club, or direct, so I've never tried this company. I asked if anyone had used them, and did the sailing time stack up with what they'd booked, but no one replied.

The times for the P and O sailings they were offering were also quite different to the P and O website times, and I can't imagine why! It just worries me slightly that if I had chosen to book an 11. 00 am sailing, and there wasn't one until 12. 15, what my timings would actually be!

Clutching at straws, but were their times always earlier than DFDS \ P&O? If so, are they quoting "closing times rather than sailing?

I don't think the timings were loading times - though I admit I didn't think of that, but normally you book a 'sailing' time! I'll have another look and check it out.

Having reread the original post I think the OP means that the LD Lines Newhaven Dieppe ferry is cheaper than the Dover sailings, and that does appear to be true for some sailings - in that you can get a return crossing from Newhaven for less than a return crossing from Dover. However, stick a caravan on the back and the price goes up enormously!

£20 dearer than DFDS for my dates

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

The Newhaven to Dieppe sailing disembarks at 7. 00am and arrives at 12. 00 french time, exactly the same as DFDS, so that theory does'nt apply here I guess.

Update on price, checking through again, I have missed the return crossing at 5am, instead of the envisaged 4. 00pm so it works out to be exactly the same cost, typical thought it was too good to be true.

Regards Paul.

Update on price, checking through again, I have missed the return crossing at 5am, instead of the envisaged 4. 00pm so it works out to be exactly the same cost, typical thought it was too good to be true.

Regards Paul.

So Paul, messing about in boats is, obviously, a key interest then! :P

I used to use them and they were only company that beat CC fares on Plymouth to Roscoff. ..I only use CC now as they now match or beat. .They did't then.

Please remember they have been around a long time so likely kosher. .

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

If ever you are "unsure" (and I am not saying this about this booking agent) but if your spend is over £100, pay by credit card for extra protection

However, in the case of ferry/air tickets etc, the £100 has to be per each leg of the journey, rather than the total.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.