New Member - Hello

tsimps

In view of the hour, I would just like to say a quick hello as a new member. I have actually been caravanning with my family for about 14 years but now am going to do it on my own with a new van of my own. I'm exited but very nervous. .all of a sudden. .it did seem like a good idea at the time when I said "yes, I would love it" and am now hoping that I can be pointed in the right direction with all the technical stuff I need to know as it has become a little more daunting the more I read. .so coachman amara 580/5 with a seat Alhambra towing works out at 86% match to my calculations and alko? on the front for stability. ..should be ok for a beginner who has never towed. ..what do you think. .be gentle!!

I'm in awe!!! Absolutely brilliant. .....You go girl! Just wanted to say hi, and whilst Ive met many an awesome lone campervan/motorhomer over the years, me included on many occasions, Ive never met a lone caravanner. There is a Mr Francesca, but when we had the motorhome, I loved those opportunities to go visit family alone etc and lone weekend it, just me and one of the dogs. We've just converted to a caravan, first time ever, so I'm certainly not the one to ask about anything technical at all, but one thing I did always carry with me was a pair of hubby's old boots, and I always left them outside the door overnight. I'm sure there's very little deterrent/use to me doing that, but it made me feel a little more comfortable. But well done you, how exciting, and keep us posted of your adventures. Francesca x