Does Any One "name" Their Caravan?

patrickt

We're buying our first van and about to market our narrowboat.

As our website is named after the boat (Piffer) I was thinking about naming the van as Piffer II.

Does any one have a "named" van?

Patrick

http://www. piffer. co. uk in need of update!

Yes my 'van is called Bailey Pageant ---------sorry I couldn't resist!

I love the thought of owning a narrowboat though I've heard it can be expensive. I have actually looked at hiring one though I am frightened that I'll like it so much that my pension money will be spent,

regards

Ian.

We're buying our first van and about to market our narrowboat.
Ours is simply known as "The 'Van". How original is that?

It looks like you've enjoyed your narrow boat, but remember not to try and drive on the "wet bits" when you get your caravan!

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Guest Dave Elcome

Our current 'van is called Monty, it's a Bailey Pageant Monarch. Previous 'vans to name a few, have been 'Roger the Ranger', and Madge, which was a Pageant Magenta.

Every car I have owned has had a name, and if you're still suffering from insomnia I can tell you the registration numbers of all of them, plus all of my motorbikes, AND all of my Dads cars. ................. What a Saddo!! :D:D

ours for years has been known for "Tugalong" -or "Tugalong 2"

Even had a Tugalong door plaque made. ..

Daft or what . ... :lol:

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

We have always named our cars and now the van. Names were not very original 'Alfie' for an alpha romeo, 'Jaggy' for the Jaguar, 'Swifty' for our old van. Our current cars are 'Fessie' (Fiesta), 'Mercki' (Mercedes) and 'Bessie' the van.

Jo :rolleyes:

Kids cecided on Matilda as one of them was reading it at the time.

Don't normally name inannimate objects though, and both cars are nameless (well mine and yours)

Guest iank

I find it quite amusing that people give a name to a lump of metal or a box on wheels. Car and caravan do me fine! :D

When I first got my caravan, I invited a friend round for a posh "candlelight supper" and she named it Hyacinth after Hyacinth Bucket. My friend's Motorhome is called Oberon as it lives at the bottom of her garden like a fairy!

My first car was a dirty green Allegro and I named it Eric the Frog, because at that time (in the mid 70s) there was a pop show called Supersonic which I used to go to the recordings of, and Eric Hall the millionaire sports promoter as he is now, was then just a lowly record promotor for EMI and he used to dress up in a frog costume, complete with green tights (wish we'd had digital cameras in those days, could have sold a picture of that for a fortune) and he was called Eric the Frog. My Allegro was frog coloured and used to hop along like a frog in cold weather so that's how it got its name.

Shaz

Sally-Anne the caravan (2) our last caravan was sally-Anne 1

Danny the diesel (Frontera)

Tommy the Toyota (Celica)

We name our pets and children, makes sense to name other things !!

Haven't got a name for the house yet but only been in it for a few months :)

Guest iancjc

before I got a mover fitted I used to call it b*st*rd when trying to move it :D

Never name anything like cars etc!

Ours is 'The Caravan'

Nearly as original as 'The 'Van'

:lol::lol:

Well I didnt't expect so many replies to the question.

As Piffer the boat has been very special to us, I think it's likely that thhe van may get a small discrete "Piffer II" logo. However it's interesting that the current Piffer is almost always just referred to as "the boat"!

Patrick

Archived