New To All This. Help On Charging

Dustmite

2006 Avondale Argente.

Just got the van to have odd night away. All ok but the leisure battery does not seem to be charging when I am on the move. I set off with the pointer half in the green, and 3 hours later at destination, still half in the green.

What position should the main power switch be in, Van/Car/Off. Also should the big charging unit under the seat be always left on or off.

cheers for any advice.

Martin

Edited by Dustmite

Assuming you have either the newer 13 pin plug/socket OR the double 12N and 12S sockets, it should charge with switch to car.

When on site and plugged into the mains called EHU, then switch to van. When not on site, nor travelling towed by the car, then switch to off.

Oh and :welcome: and ask any further questions you have.

And switch the big charger unit to ON to charge it from car or EHU.

When on site, and charging from the mains (switch to van), we leave the charger on for the whole time on site.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

It is no god relying on On Board voltage indicators, they are notoriously unreliable and not calibrated.

Invest in a multimeter and use that to check voltage.

A 3 hour drive will put very little in the way of charge into a battery.

if your battery is very depleted stick it on an intelligent charger at home to give it a chance .

meandcaravan.jpg.e9cf995ee8c89b08e26d261aa10c0fc4.jpg2008 Bailey Senator Wyoming -2004 green oval Landrover discovery 2 td5-2005 Smart forfour.