Main Door Fly Screen

bandybash

Has anybody else had any defects with these screens particularly those fitted to 2012 vans and later?

Porsche Cayenne Turbo tugging 2012 Coachman VIP 560/4

• 7 months later...

We collected our VIP 560/4 back in 2012, and within the first season the inner flyscreen did go out of parellel with door frame slightly. Mentioned this to dealer on first service and the elastic cords were tightened and no bother since. We are like all other Coachman owners are delighted with our caravan and can't believe its approaching 3 yr old come Feb 15. Still as fresh as the day we collected, despite never being off the road, it is well used every season.

Mercedes Benz GLC 250d Sport, towing Coachman VIP 575 2018

• 3 weeks later...

We have had no problems whatsoever with ours on a 2014 VIP, this summer we were away for two stints of six weeks and the flyscreen was used all day and virtually every day during this period and worked freely

Les

Hi Bandy . ..... we've had no probs with our 2011 Pastie . .....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

I am waiting for a bed box front since August, due to when sitting on the nearside seat the slats make a cracking noise, without a prompt the Warranty Manager at our dealers told me that the replacement cost for a Coachman Flyscreen would be £475 as opposed to Swift/Sterling/Elddis at £170 to £185, that cost is for the complete frame and screen, so take care my friends of your Flyscreens,

Edited by Les Medes

Les

• 9 months later...

We have a 2012 Coachman Vision (an end of season Amara with VIP extras). The main door flyscreen is very stiff to use. I have tried lubricating the runners with WD40, Vaseline and motorbike chain lube, but with no real success. I wonder whether the vertical bar that you pull/push is too tight, ie the top bar needs to be eased upwards, but I cannot see how to get at it.

Any ideas?

Inside the vertical track on the open side you will see a small clamp (might be two, can't remember) with the cord attached. Using an Allen Key undo the clamp and slide the clamp in the slot to remove some of the cord tension. Adjust until you are happy. This worked for me.

Our flyscreen is a little stiff to use but apart from that it seems to work just fine. The screen in our previous 'van, a Bailey, would spring back at the slightest touch with an action not unlike Arkwrights till in 'Open all hours'!

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Many thanks Tangle Foot, that worked on mine too and allowed me to lift out the vertical sliding bar which allowed me to see that half the problem was that the draft excluder in the bottom runner was clogged with the WD Chain Lube I had used. I had bought this to lubricate my mover and did not realise it is actually a very sticky product.

On my van I found that there were two sliders, one in the top runner and one in the bottom. It is well worthwhile marking the original positions with pencil to give you a benchmark.