Winter In Andalucia Or Murcia

Hi. My Wife and I are looking to spend winter in spain in the two regions listed in the title. We hope to arrive early November and leave late February or early March. This is our first venture abroad. We are thinking of spending December to early January on one site. Can anyone give us some recommendations on good sites in the two areas? Many thanks

In Andalucía you could try Camping La Bella Vista at Manilva where we are right now. It's excellent, and can be booked through The Caravan Club or direct. There are quite a lot along the coast from Huelva (El Rocio), Conil de la Frontera (Le Rosaleda), Puerto Cabopino, Castillo de Banos, In Murcia there's La Manga del mar Menor or further south in Almeria there's Cabo de Gata .

There are so many that it's hard to chose. Don't forget that around Alicante there are more and the weather here is just as good. And as far North as Valencia the weather is also ok.

Ern

Thanks for your quick reply Ian. I have just been looking on the Camping La Bella Vista web site and its quoting about €26 per night. Is this the price or is it cheaper the longer you stay? Which is the best way to book? CC or direct. Cheers

Thanks for your quick reply Ian. I have just been looking on the Camping La Bella Vista web site and its quoting about €26 per night. Is this the price or is it cheaper the longer you stay? Which is the best way to book? CC or direct. Cheers

Ian can answer that as he is there, but I would be very surprised if there was not a discount. €26 a night long term is about twice the norm! As an example Camping Bellavista at Aguilas, further to the north east, drops from €21. 95 for one night to €11 per night for 180 nights.

As for other recommendations, there are countless, and it depends so much on what sort of site you are looking for. Many like the big sites full of over-winterers for the company, the activities and the chat. Others, like ourselves, prefer the quieter sites. We prefer to tour, spending a couple of weeks on a site, exploring the area then moving on.

One essential item would be an ACSI card, for cheap camping while you are travelling down and back and also between sites while you are down there.

Have a look at our travelpod blog, link below, for details of where we liked and where we didn't. Ian mentions El Rocio, and that is worth it just for the experience. Its a site we love and we will return to again and again, but I don't think we would stay more than a couple of weeks!

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

Long stay prices direct with site winter period = <1month €550 inc Electric 16A, 3month €400/month + electricity @ €0. 30/Kwh.

You can book it via The Caravan Club and the nightly rate is £14. 40 inc electric for 31 nights or more.

All this is on the web sites.

Ern

Pinar San Hose near Conil

3 months at 285 euros per month, including electricity, water connection, excellent sitewide WIFI, and TV connection. Drainage is also possible on a few pitches (but we ran ours out into the forest behind the caravan).

Nice area to explore - Conil, Jerez, Cadiz, Tarifa, Gibraltar.

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover is now back towing.

We hope to arrive early November and leave late February or early March.

I'm just back from southern Spain having done just that. This year I wrote a blog about it. Browse it here:-

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/blog/53-jaydugs-blog/

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

If you take the words of the title, I would say through personal opinion none of of them, in fact I cannot see why anyone would want to be south of Alicante.

The costa blanca is the place you should be looking, much better climate.

We are at camping Bellavista at Aguilas Murcia been here for a month now quiet site lots to do great beaches the longer you stay the cheaper it gets some Brits been here since Dec they bare paying 10 euros a night can recommend the site and the area weather good to sun every day for the month we have been here day time temp 18c to 22c

Hi

My advice would be to get an ACSI card and not to book anywhere. We like NSBJ prefer to tour but if we decide to stay longer term anywhere it is easy to negociate/transfer to long term rates.

We are currently in Portugal but as we came through Spain met a couple who had booked a pitch on a site for three months and when they arrived they hated both site and locallity.

Our current location is the 82nd European site we have stayed on and we have prebooked just one - the very first - and although we have been turned away (from a full site) once have never had a problem getting a pitch.

However you choose to organise the trip it is a great way to spend the winter.

Steve

Steve (BroGoat)

travel blog - www. adventure-before-dementia. co. uk