Indoor Storage

I've just found an indoor storage facility with a gold security rating. Access is straightforward as the warehouse is huge so you can drive in and collect your caravan with no problems. It's lovely to have it out of the elements, I just wish I'd found it sooner :)

http://www. super-store. me. uk/CaravanStorage. aspx

I've just found an indoor storage facility with a gold security rating. Access is straightforward as the warehouse is huge so you can drive in and collect your caravan with no problems. It's lovely to have it out of the elements, I just wish I'd found it sooner :)

http://www. super-store. me. uk/CaravanStorage. aspx

think i would be giving that a miss lol . ........from £15 a week works out at min of £780 a year !!!!!!!!

UNLESS THE DISCOUNT IS MASSIVE ??

Edited by klarky

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

For people down south, there is this one: http://www. westfields-storage. co. uk/caravanstorage. php

Being an ex-MOD site, this one is very secure. I used it when my caravan was brand new for a couple of months before it went onto a seasonal pitch). To be fair, they were also very flexible.

I now store on a farm for £350 a year, but its not a patch on Westfields. It is much closer to home though! ANd of course, much cheaper!

Edited by A11

Makes this place look a bargain!

http://www. westfields-storage. co. uk/caravanstorage. php

(Though being an ex-MOD site, this one is very secure. I used it when my caravan was brand new for a couple of months before it went onto a seasonal pitch). To be fair, they were also very flexible.

I now store on a farm for £350 a year, but its not a patch on Westfields. It is much closer to home though!

extortionate :ph34r:

I pay about 65 a month but have electric and washing facilities with a gantry when it comes out .

I have had mine for years and my caravan 7 now is mistaken for a brand new caravan on sites by people it does give piece of mind when it snowing and hailing

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Liking the thought of indoor - I'm paying £300 pa locally for Cassoa Gold outside but as we use caravan to visit daughter mainly considering indoor around Oxford area if anyone has any thoughts :unsure:

Does indoor storage have greater risk of rodent damage?

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

I pay £425 p. a. indoors Cassoa Gold. You tell them and they get it out in the morning and put them away late afternoon. Cameras, gates, the lot.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I pay £425 p. a. indoors Cassoa Gold. You tell them and they get it out in the morning and put them away late afternoon. Cameras, gates, the lot.

costs me £520 a year cassoa gold. ..... gates,cameras and they will get the van out and put it away if asked

open 0800 t0 1700 mon to fri. ..sat 0900 to1200. but you can use outside storage area inbetween times if required inc sunday

Another advantage of indoor sites is that no-one knows there are caravans indoors as you can Google Earth to see outdoor sites to steal vans!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

costs me £520 a year cassoa gold. ..... gates,cameras and they will get the van out and put it away if asked

open 0800 t0 1700 mon to fri. ..sat 0900 to1200. but you can use outside storage area inbetween times if required inc sunday

Klarky, where is that please? I will need storage soon in Tyne and Wear

And are you allowed to leave gas bottles in? I had indoor storage at Darlington, very good but you had to take gas bottles out, a real nuisance.

Edited by henrypartridge

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Klarky, where is that please? I will need storage soon in Tyne and Wear

And are you allowed to leave gas bottles in? I had indoor storage at Darlington, very good but you had to take gas bottles out, a real nuisance.

http://www. qcspace. co. uk/

I'm at peterlee

think i would be giving that a miss lol . ........from £15 a week works out at min of £780 a year !!!!!!!!

UNLESS THE DISCOUNT IS MASSIVE ??

It's actually £650 a year, we pay monthly. Quite expensive I know but that's the going rate in this area for indoor. I'm just glad to have it out of the elements.

We have our caravan in indoor storage at a gold cassoa at South Meadows Caravan Site Belford Northumberland. It is excellent. You ring up and when you get there its ready for you to hitch up, when you return they unhitch from your car, hitch up and take it straight away back into storage. If you prefer you can ring up and they take the van out of storage, put it on one of their pitches, steadies down, level and waiting for you when you arrive. You then pay for however many nights you want to stay. At the end of your stay, they hitch up and put the caravan back into storage. We love it.

klarky - I thought there was a gold cossoa at Peterlee on one of the industrial estates.

2014 Skoda Superb Estate 4x4 diesel automatic /2001 Swift Charisma 220. Caravaning since 1975 (Monza 1400 CT; Viking Fiberline; Bucaneer Elan 14; Bucaneer Elan 15; Elddis Huracane; Lunar Delta 610/4; Swift Charisma 220) How time flies. I do all the towing.

We have our caravan in indoor storage at a gold cassoa at South Meadows Caravan Site Belford Northumberland. It is excellent. You ring up and when you get there its ready for you to hitch up, when you return they unhitch from your car, hitch up and take it straight away back into storage. If you prefer you can ring up and they take the van out of storage, put it on one of their pitches, steadies down, level and waiting for you when you arrive. You then pay for however many nights you want to stay. At the end of your stay, they hitch up and put the caravan back into storage. We love it.

klarky - I thought there was a gold cossoa at Peterlee on one of the industrial estates.

http://www. qcspace. co. uk/

there is,its qcspace peterlee. ......thats where we have our caravan,inside storage which is £520 inc vat annually,but you can pay monthly

Hi klarky - Duh I should have clicked on your link. Can't wait to ring up and say put the van on a pitch we are coming.

2014 Skoda Superb Estate 4x4 diesel automatic /2001 Swift Charisma 220. Caravaning since 1975 (Monza 1400 CT; Viking Fiberline; Bucaneer Elan 14; Bucaneer Elan 15; Elddis Huracane; Lunar Delta 610/4; Swift Charisma 220) How time flies. I do all the towing.

A colleague of mine whose parents have caravanned for years seem to think that indoor storage is not the best way to store caravans. ..not sure why other than it makes them susceptible to damp. ...seems a bit odd and not right to me. ...a large airy indoor warehouse seems to me ideal!

Does anyone else think this? :unsure:

South Cheshire, £250 pa, double barriers (triple at night), security cameras, CaSSoa gold, nice friendly owners live on site, more or less all hardstanding, wash off area (I obviously don't like that bit) 4ft minimum between units. Access from dawn til dusk. Unsecured area with EHU for late arrival.

Indoor storage does have its advantages, vans protected against hail (you already paid your insurers to cover this), sunlight and prying eyes, but they do still get dirty in there,

£650 is a lot to pay for caravan storage

yes, it is but within a reasonable radius there is little option, it's either indoor at rates such as this (if you can get a space) or outdoor for about £520 pa. :mellow:

A colleague of mine whose parents have caravanned for years seem to think that indoor storage is not the best way to store caravans. ..not sure why other than it makes them susceptible to damp. ...seems a bit odd and not right to me. ...a large airy indoor warehouse seems to me ideal!

Does anyone else think this? :unsure:

Just read this and it says the opposite :unsure:

Secure Sheltered Storage

The most expensive and arguably the best way to store your caravan while you don’t use it is in a secure storage facility that keeps your caravan covered. These can be as basic as a barn in a farmer’s field, or much more elaborate, like large warehouses surrounded by fencing complete with CCTV and security guards.

The Caravan Storage Site Owners’ Association (CaSSOA) has a comprehensive database of many of the caravan storage sites located around the UK, and you would be wise to choose one endorsed by the CaSSOA. Each storage site is given either a bronze, silver, or gold rating to reflect how secure it is. More often than not, the more secure a site is the more you will have to pay to store your caravan there.

Secure covered caravan storage should protect your caravan from any weather damage, and will greatly reduce the risk of your caravan suffering from damp. It will also drastically reduce the chances of your caravan being stolen or damaged by criminals

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/caravan-insurance/security/the-different-ways-to-store-your-caravan

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

thanks, MW, that is my take on it too. I think my colleagues parents have their wires crossed somewhere. Apparently they read it in a magazine some years ago but somehow it doesn't add up. I'm more than happy to have my pride and joy out of the ravages of the elements and also from strong direct sunlight on good days. ...in my view it will last a lot longer. I only wish I'd stored it this way from new.

My current van has been stored outdoors but I have decided to store my next one indoors. It will cost me £150 p. a. more than I am paying now but will save cost of fuel towing (35mpg compared to 20mpg) as it will be left in the area we go to rather than near home. I would not want to leave a caravan outdoors over winter if I couldn't check it regularly so indoors will give me peace of mind :)

My main concern is rodent attack - do I need to worry?

Do these prices for indoor storage include electricity for keeping batteries topped up during the winter. ??

If not how do you top up for alarms etc. ?

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Do these prices for indoor storage include electricity for keeping batteries topped up during the winter. ??

If not how do you top up for alarms etc. ?

Guess it's the same question for outdoor as well? :unsure:

No hook up option at mine. I take the battery home over the winter months but now it's indoors I'm not so bothered about having the alarm on.