Alko Wheel Lock Difficulties

Hi all,

We've just picked up our caravan and had an Alko wheel lock fitted by the dealer. When I got the caravan home I attempted to fit the lock.

But, I can't get the locking bolt into the red housing unit. . I've read the manual, looked on you tube, and the bolt should just slide into the housing (enabling you to tighten the bolt onto the chassis through the wheel)

The bolt has a small rim which is preventing it from pushing through. I spoke to the dealer and they said it should just push in, and that I might need to twist to the make it go in. No chance, it won't budge. .

Anyone else had problems like this? I think it's the wrong bolt or something, my research tells me it's the correct lock (Alko 26) for a sterling eccles ruby.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Graham

Is your wheel lock correctly aligned in between the wheel spokes?

Does the bolt fit into the lock with the lock not offered up to the wheel?

Does the bolt key (not the actual lock) fit into the wheel lock?

Is this bolt key the same diameter as the bolt head?

Graham,

Any chance of a photo or 2, especially of this "small rim" which seems to be causing the trouble? . .. then we can compare it to what we've all got, to see where the problem might lie.

John

Look down the tube of the red clamp has the rubber sealing grommet come adrift preventing the bolt from going down the tube

Thanks for the replies.

The bolt that screws into the chassis won't go into the red unit.

I've attached a photo, the bolt shown, won't go in any further than pictured, you can see the lip preventing it from being inserted. ..

Graham

Edited by gb93616

Take the lock unit back to the dealer they should be Abel to change it

Kia sorento Titan in command of a bailey pageant Sancerre

Thanks for the replies.

The bolt that screws into the chassis won't go into the red unit.

I've attached a photo, the bolt shown, won't go in any further than pictured, you can see the lip preventing it from being inserted. ..

Graham

post-65826-0-68793200-1393843615_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the double posting :)

Thanks, I will return to the dealer with it, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going mad!

Looks like the bolt head hasn't been formed right there seems to be a lip around the bolt head

• 1 month later...

I've got issue with my Alko wheel locked sorted out. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the bolt. The rim on the bolt (in the photo) that screws into the thread behind the wheel was to wide! I'm glad I didn't force it (too much!)

Thanks again for the replies, my caravan is secure now (well, as secure as I can make it)

Graham