13 Pin Connections

vgreen

About to get a new car which will be fitted with the 13pin connector. My caravan has the old type two connectors. No doubt I can get an adapter but how do I deal with the mover that the seven pin plug connects to on the A frame and the length of cables, that will drag on the floor, if I just add more length. Suggestions please. Thank you

Nissan X trail and Bailey Ranger Bailey Verona  Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Change the plug on caravan to 13 pin with double entry for the 2 cables is one option and will save about 27 connections for possible faults .

A bungee around the cable and jockey wheel to hold up the excess if you want to save changing the plug.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

About to get a new car which will be fitted with the 13pin connector. My caravan has the old type two connectors. No doubt I can get an adapter but how do I deal with the mover that the seven pin plug connects to on the A frame and the length of cables, that will drag on the floor, if I just add more length. Suggestions please. Thank you

I am puzzled. Usually the mover connects directly to the battery and doesn't. t have a separate plug. In fact you don't use it with the car connected.

I have the same problem and have a double entry plug waiting to be fitted next time I collect the van.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

I have a Truma mover and it has a plug fitted to the a frame, to use the mover I plug in the 7 pin plug that usually goes to the black connector on the back of the car, and switch on in the battery box. So unless there is an easy way to change this socket I cannot rewire the two cables into one.

I have a Truma mover and it has a plug fitted to the a frame, to use the mover I plug in the 7 pin plug that usually goes to the black connector on the back of the car, and switch on in the battery box. So unless there is an easy way to change this socket I cannot rewire the two cables into one.

I am even more puzzled now. The black connector goes to the road lights.

The grey connector connects to the battery. I don't see how it works.

However I suppose you could remove that connector and connect the mover control unit directly to the battery.

Poolebob

Rewire the mover directly to the battery via an isolator switch is the best surely?

I am even more puzzled now. The black connector goes to the road lights.

The grey connector connects to the battery. I don't see how it works.

However I suppose you could remove that connector and connect the mover control unit directly to the battery.

Poolebob

Its a Truma safety system that has a black 7pin socket wired throught the brake light circuit to which the 7 pin plug is plugged into it. Without this being plugged in, the mover will not work. The 7 pin socket can be replaced by a 13 pin socket if the caravan is changed to 13pin.

The Truma shows either a 7pin or 13 pin socket being used

http://www. truma. com/downloadcenter/mover_ser_ter_installation_operating_uk. pdf

Brian

Its a Truma safety system that has a black 7pin socket wired throught the brake light circuit to which the 7 pin plug is plugged into it. Without this being plugged in, the mover will not work. The 7 pin socket can be replaced by a 13 pin socket if the caravan is changed to 13pin.

http://www. truma. com/downloadcenter/mover_ser_ter_installation_operating_uk. pdf

Brian

Why does it need a safety system? I presume it is only making a full circuit through pin 3 and 6 (Brake and Earth) to prove the connector is not plugged to the car. Although if for any any reason all brake bulbs were blown, then your mover wouldn't work.

Thank you that looks like a simple solution to my problem.

Unfortunately not the answer as the adapter only takes the lighting connector no power for the fridge in transit.

Unfortunately not the answer as the adapter only takes the lighting connector no power for the fridge in transit.

It says it does. Why would it not?

Brian

Brian

So convert your caravan to 13 pin plug, then remove the "safety" 7 pin socket and replace it with a 13 pin one (easy - I've done it and it's easier to wire than a 7 pin one, even if you were using all the pins - but you're not). The two wires to the old 7 pin safety socket go to the same number pins (3 and 6) in the new one. Easier than rewiring a car to 13 pin, as you can leave the battery disconnected and the wires hanging while you have a cup of tea at half time, or even finish it the following day.

If at first you don't succeed, it may be best to give up.

Brian

Thanks for the explanation Brian. Seems strange that no one else has it.

Poolebob