Detachable Towball Help Needed

rick1

hi all I have just bought a 2005 Mondeo Estate Ghia X 2. 2 TDCI that has a detachable towball, the previous owner never used the towball and hasnt been able to locate the user instructions, I have been searching on line and cant find one the same, I`m not sure but I think its factory or dealer fitted the 13pin socket has Ford on it as does the towball cover. The towball its self has no name on it and neither does the towbar from what i can see. when looking at the towball on right side it has a lever it comes with two keys and a split barrel that must fit in a slot, I`m hoping that one of you guys will be able to help either with the make or better still someone has one the same and can help out with a copy of the instructions.

Thanks in advance

Rick

post-66126-0-42571100-1393777331_thumb.jpg

post-66126-0-35562500-1393777348_thumb.jpg

post-66126-0-64766900-1393777359_thumb.jpg

From the picture of the locking arrangement it looks "similar" to a Brink tow bar I had fitted to a car in 2000. Sorry cannot be any more help than this apart from :-

You could try getting in touch with P F Jones in Manchester, who supply many different makes of tow bar and see if they can recognise anything comparable to your pictures. I would also add pictures of the front detail of your tow-bar piece and the receiver as fitted to your Mondeo.

John.

Edited by John19

Can't help but welcome to the forum.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

From the picture of the locking arrangement it looks "similar" to a Brink tow bar I had fitted to a car in 2000. Sorry cannot be any more help than this apart from :-

You could try getting in touch with P F Jones in Manchester, who supply many different makes of tow bar and see if they can recognise anything comparable to your pictures. I would also add pictures of the front detail of your tow-bar piece and the receiver as fitted to your Mondeo.

John.

Thankyou for your responce I will try them now and hope they reconise it

Hi found out that this is made by Brink, but cant find an email address or phone number

can anyone help? dealers just say they don't have any info, hoping that someone will have a Brink towbar and have contact details on their guide.

post-66126-0-17838100-1393962166_thumb.jpg

Didn't Thule buy them out?

Yes

oh how I wish it was, but the locking system is very different on mine

post-66126-0-48071300-1393968399_thumb.jpg

post-66126-0-23507000-1393968420_thumb.jpg

post-66126-0-74358000-1393968442_thumb.jpg

post-66126-0-01377900-1393968461_thumb.jpg

post-66126-0-52215500-1393968474_thumb.jpg

This looks similar to your towball fitting on YouTube:-

John.

Hi Rick, I have the same detachable tow bar, or at least it looks the same. Does it have any German writing on it?

It is a PCT Automotive prestige detachable, System 2010-A, and they do have a website just google it.

I have the instructions for the bar, but the text is very small and may not copy, if you can't get a copy from PCT I will try scanning them and email them to you. Just let me know via forum or personal message.

"Those who ask no questions, learn nothing"

Dick & Rona. ...........Honda CRV & Lunar Quasar 462

Hi all i bought the ford owners handbook for my car and at the back under towing are the pictures and instructions for my towbar,

and John19 that is the one so i now have written instructions and video, my concern was that the barrel was out. but thats the way it is why two keys and only one barrel i dont know, also in the video she makes it look so easy, me i have to get down on the floor to get the lock in.

Anyway thank you all for so much help and advice.

Rick

Hi Rick.

Good to know you are sorted. Happy towing.

John