Replating For Payload Increase

adamtoonarmy

If it's anything like our Conqueror about 20kgs.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Best ask Bailey . . they have to make the plate and issue a new certificate.

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

it varies from van to van, depends on max axle limits, tyre load index etc. as mentioned above only Bailey or someone with the exact same van with the upgrade or maybe the brochure will tell you.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Look underneath at the axle. There should be a label on it with the axle load limit, as far as I know you cant get replated higher than that label value.

If it's a new caravan 2012 with type approval only Bailey can give the information.

Contact a dealer .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Tried that. Dealer didn't know what I was talking about. Useless as usual. I will get in touch with Bailey tomorrow

Manufacturers now have their hands tied by EU regulations as it is illegal to replate unless they hold the type approval to alter the weight plate.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The MPTLM for your van is 1484kg and it is on a 1500kg axle so you will get a whopping 16kg for you £65

I wish they would use the 1600kg axle so I could have some more payload, mine is worse at 1495kg!!!

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Interesting for my £66 I would get 55kg of extra payload so could fit a motor mover and mount the solar panel on the roof and still have 6kg spare. ..

2008 Bailey Pageant Champagne series 6 / 2014 model Kampa Rally Pro 390 porch awning

2013 Honda CR-V SE diesel + 2005 Honda CR-V diesel Sport

Pollycotton Outwell Trout Lake tunnel tent

Look underneath at the axle. There should be a label on it with the axle load limit, as far as I know you cant get replated higher than that label value.

I think you may find that the chassis has its own max load plate somewhere . . and it will probably be less than that of the axle, and will limit the amount of upgrade

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

This question has been discussed a few times regarding an upgrade on the Unicorn series two, so its pointless contacting Bailey asking the same question again?

As mentioned the Unicorn version one has a 1600kg axle so could be uprated to that.

To save weight according to bailey the s2 has a 1500kg axle on the single axle caravans.

The axle has a data label on it.

My U1 Madrid is on a 1600kg axle and has a MTPLM of 1596kg so an upgrade will give me 4kg. .

As far as I'm aware the U2 Single axle vans are on a 1500kg axle so check your MTPLM (1484kg for the U2 Madrid?) and take it away from 1500 = 16kg, is it worth it. Bailey used to charge about £65 to sort out the paperwork and send you a new sticky label.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

I had my O2 done last year and it cost me £25, for 25kg upgrade, to 1500kg

The ammount you get varies a lot my 2013 S2 Barcelona had an increase from 1686 to 1800 a full 114kgs, worth spending the money on!

• 1 month later...

Just ordered an upgrade for my S2 Seville from Bailey Parts Online Shop. For my £66 I get an increased MTPLM from 1350kgs to 1450kgs. An increase of 100kgs.

Delighted at the increase but not the price!!! :):(

Hi,

Dont forget to check if you upgrade the weight that you are not over the cars weight limit !

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!