Whale On Board Pump Problem

agzy

Just got back from 1st rally of the year in Cheshire. Before leaving home I got the water supply primed up and running but, on arrival, the on board Whale pump wouldn't pull the water through so I thought air lock but, no matter what, it wouldn't work. As my dealer was only half hour away we went to ask him about it. His reply shocked me in that he told us there was not a single Whale on board pump to be had in the country but hopefully there would be a delivery on Tuesday. He is going to phone me and fit a new one (warranty job) while I wait. My shock was that he had used up three just recently so is there a longevity problem with these pumps? anyone else had this happen recently?

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Open some taps and try blowing through to remove as much water as possible then try priming again. Also leave a tap open when you put the feed pipe into the water barrel.

Edited by Brocher12

Open some taps and try blowing through to remove as much water as possible then try priming again. Also leave a tap open when you put the feed pipe into the water barrel.

Done the blowing bit and always follow the procedure to prime as it does make a difference. The dealer didn't even wait for me to fully outline problem and didn't want to check pump out he offered replacement immediately and told us Bailey had advised them to work direct with Whale so to me sounds like there is an issue.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Sounds like it. Another option is to half fill the aqua roll and lift above height of pump and try again

Sounds like it. Another option is to half fill the aqua roll and lift above height of pump and try again

I even tried the 'shower head under water' test and no air bubbles even so, although pump was ( very quietly) running clearly not doing anything.

CARPE DIEM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

We are concerned about the issues you are experiencing and we are not aware of any issues like this with the pumps.

Please contact our team at Whale Support to discuss your specific needs in more detail.

Tel: 028 9127 0531

E-mail: info@whalepumps. com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Aoiffe

Whale Support

Hi everyone.

We are concerned about the issues you are experiencing and we are not aware of any issues like this with the pumps.

Please contact our team at Whale Support to discuss your specific needs in more detail.

Tel: 028 9127 0531

E-mail: info@whalepumps. com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Aoiffe

Whale Support

Have sent you an email with full report.

CARPE DIEM