Twin Axle With Alko Wheel Locks

Brocher12

ALKO wheel alignment  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you find this benefical to align wheels?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to pay before ignoring and jacking up and turning the wheel.

• £10
    • £15
    • £20
    • £25
    • £30
    • £35
    • £40

I have designed,made and trialled a device for allowing very easy manipulation of the second wheel to align for ALKO lock mating with minimal effort, even the wife can operate it. I have opened a poll to see if it is worth pursuing to put into production? I have no idea at the moment what these would cost for retail but shouldn't be major. This design would allow you to site, level the van then turn the second wheel with out any form of jacking the frame to lift the wheel.

The additional weight would only be approx 1 kg and is transferable to any van, this is not a permanent fitment to the van either.

Edited by Brocher12

I would of thought a simple base with a couple of rollers would do the job.

The problem would be if it would effect the security .

Have you applied a pattern?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Hubby takes the trouble to put the double lock on when the van is stored at home but we tell the insurance people that we don't use it as we don't bother to use it on site as it is too much trouble. If using your device really was that easy that we never stayed on a site without using it it would be worth paying a bit more as we could claim the insurance discount each year.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

I would of thought a simple base with a couple of rollers would do the job.

The problem would be if it would effect the security .

Have you applied a pattern?

Dave

Dave,

This device would not compromise any security of the van and does not come in contact with the locks.

In the process of applying for one at the moment but want to see the reaction of owner prior to going further with it.

If you do put it into production I could offer a distribution/fitting network if you are interested.

Thanks for this, there is no permanent/temporary fitting required, but as for distribution then the more the merrier. I have a (Homemade) video done for it being used as well but cannot distribute it at the moment for obvious reasons.

Hubby takes the trouble to put the double lock on when the van is stored at home but we tell the insurance people that we don't use it as we don't bother to use it on site as it is too much trouble. If using your device really was that easy that we never stayed on a site without using it it would be worth paying a bit more as we could claim the insurance discount each year.

My wife is 5'2" and average build and she can operate it with out straining. What more can i say without giving any details.

My apologies but it is worth mentioning that the design will not work if you use a ramp to level your van, only on flat level surface or when using planks of wood to achieve level.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything that facilitates easy fitment of Alko locks is worth consideration. The design of these locks is a triumph of concept over practicality. The caravan/ insurance industry should never have accepted them as suitable for twin axles. As we have 4 motor movers fitted to our twin axle we lost the Alko jacking points. That is really joined up thinking at Alko.