The Next Generation Of Caravan?

Dear All

We'd be greatly appreciative of your views on our next generation caravan project, for which we are beginning the construction of an initial prototype.

Adapting proven boat building techniques, our monocoque body is one single piece of moulded fiberglass, designed to improve durability and strength, and to weigh less than traditional models. There are no seams or joints to suffer from water damage, which means we can make the walls thinner, while maintaining insulation and maximizing interior space.

We think it looks great too!

Please may we ask for your input?

Many thanks for your time!

Best regards
Martin

Hi Martin.

Best of luck,Auto sleeper made a moo-whatsit body on a motor home,and people are still talking about how good it was. The secret is i think,to get the inside sorted to appeal to the majority of c/vanners. Power to your elbow.

Hedgebumper

Already available. IH leisure monopod 660 caravan.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

so one thing that strikes me that Martin could impove over the monopod design is an awning rail.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

I could not remember the name of the original design from About 20yrs ago Viking explorer or challenger or something like that.

Very rare.

You also have the fibreglass monopods made in the eastern block market over here.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Martin

I assume you have cast this message out across the world forums, as there is so much here that is not for the uk caravan market. Your markets are the larger commercial markets for mobile accommodation? Or maybe the States? Good luck, I've sent you a pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Piccies? Sketch? Back-of-a-fag-packet doodle? How is the chassis bonded to the monocoque? What suspension system? Single or twin axle? Projected weight? Size?

Give us a clue please!

Is it similar to the old Fibreline caravans or the ill fated Vanguard (?)( Pointy nose effort) shown about 5 years ago?

Commander Dave;

The IH Monopod is nice but ridiculously expensive @ £41k IMHO.

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.