Hi everyone,,,,, I just joined and need some advice on leisure batteries,

Just bought a Bailey Pageant Imperial 2 birth caravan and it has been standing in storage for some time and I took the battery off to charge it and it is completely knackered!!

Could anybody give me any advice on what type or make I should invest in,

Thank you Pete

:welcome: and if you have or ever get a mover, then you will need a powerful leisure battery of about 110 ah. Do make sure the size (especially the height) will fit in the battery box.

Do a search on this forum and you'll find a lot of advice on types and makes of batteries.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

:welcome: and if you have or ever get a mover, then you will need a powerful leisure battery of about 110 ah. Do make sure the size (especially the height) will fit in the battery box.

Do a search on this forum and you'll find a lot of advice on types and makes of batteries.

Well I have a mover and my 85ah battery is fine for it.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

i thought mine was knackered, but after leaving the the electic hookup on from my garage to the van for about a fortnight, found that the battery had been charged up and holds its charge , as i turned the power off and run the lights and radio on the battery the gauge hardly moved over a full day, well pleased

liverpool fc- boxing and fishing- camping

poolebob

My advice would be the largest that will fit in the battery box so if you are away for quite a while and you have not got mains power for any reason.

Personally, Banner Energy Bull, variety of sizes. Not cheap but very good performance.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

One word for me

Numax

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

Numax 100a-hr Leisure / Marine sealed battery.

Not cheap but if it will fit in your van then just fit it and forget it.

Best price is online, Google and see what you can find. delivery is usually free.

It never comes out of the my van and it is totally maintenance free.

If the van is in storage I use a solar panel connected to the auxiliary contacts on battery and the solar panel is under the Heki. The battery fully charged when I get the van out of storage.

Just something to check, as we thought we had a knackered battery too. If your set up is the same, follow the lead from the battery to where it comes into the van. Ours in under the bed. We followed the lead and there is a standalone fuse part way down the lead. I think they call it an inline fuse. Well ours wasn't seated properly. Pushed it in, checked all the connections, and hey presto it all came alive! It's a new van, and it may just be that connections haven't been properly pushed together. Hope it is something as simple as this and not a new battery, but good luck. Francesca.

poolebob

As is mine with my 1900kg German van, but then it is a "true" 85Ah battery; so many are misleadingly labelled capacity wise.

A worth while read before buying is John Wickersham's "Power Players" from Oct 2010 Caravan Club Magazine, accessible via their website . magazine archives. That ought to decidedly limit the wise choice if looking for a battery for off EHU usage.

Edit: if not an off EHU caravanner or needing to drive an alarm in long term stowage then virtually any battery will "do the job"; the former tasks are those requiring good quality leisure batteries.

Edited by JTQ

Hi everyone,,,,, I just joined and need some advice on leisure batteries,

Just bought a Bailey Pageant Imperial 2 birth caravan and it has been standing in storage for some time and I took the battery off to charge it and it is completely knackered!!

Could anybody give me any advice on what type or make I should invest in,

Thank you Pete

Er, does your wife know about this new addition to the family?

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

We needed a replacement battery, decided to buy "Banner Energy Bull" . Ordered from RoadPro at 2. 00 pm yesterday and received before 4. 00 pm today. Good price - small discount for CC or C&CC members - free carriage.

Excellent service.

Freelander 2 closely followed by a Golden Retriever and a 2012 Bailey Unicorn Cadiz