Portsmouth Ferry Port

Philyn69

Hi, can anyone advise if you can stay on Portsmouth ferry port overnight, or is it now a security risk? We used to do this but wondered if this is still ok. Thanks

I have travelled to Jersey quite a few times catching the ferry from Portsmouth. I drive from Birmingham and it takes about four hours. I park I the queue for the ferry usually arriving about five in the morning this does not start to load until about eight Nobody has ever asked me to move. although someone did have to knock on the the van parked behind mine and wake them up a few years ago. The is no place to park a van other than the queue lanes.

I have been to Jersey a few times and they have had no issues getting shuteye in the queuing part of the port so long as you have positioned your self correctly

meandcaravan.jpg.e9cf995ee8c89b08e26d261aa10c0fc4.jpg2008 Bailey Senator Wyoming -2004 green oval Landrover discovery 2 td5-2005 Smart forfour.

I have used the Portsmouth ferry port that goes to Santander and St malo many many times, including this year and I have always slept on the docks, this year I travelled from France on the evening ferry and drove round and stopped the night, then drove to my destination the next morning, I must have slept there about 8 times and never a problem.

On Brittany Ferries website it says that it is allowed, in fact I time my crossings to stop overnight either in the UK or the continent, in fact arriving at Caen late evening stopped on the docks for the night in July along with a few others, ready for an early start next morning.

Go for It.

When we have done it we were asked to park by the perimeter fence so as not to block any lanes in use for other ferries.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Hi thanks for your replies, will keep this in mind.