Sign in to follow this  
olderbutnotwiser

Trophy Caravans

Hi.

I've got a 1988 Trophy Agrarian 6 Deluxe, which I know almost nothing about.

Any other Trophy owners out there?

Hi Jim,

The contact details of the Trophy Owners Club are shown below. Maybe they can help you?

Regards,

Gordon.

Trophy Owners Club

Mr E Gibb

The Gatehouse

Walton Green

Walton le Dale

Preston

Lancashire

PR5 4JL

Tel: 01772 465034

We own a Trophy Agora Silver, 1980 we believe. Its a great little van, and a conversation starter on every site we go on. As far as I am aware, the Trophy owners club no longer exists, as the secretary died and the club was disbanded in 2002. You could try contacting the Knowsley caravan club as Trophy took over Knowsley, all the info is on their website at http://www. knowsley-caravans. co. uk under history.

Hi.

I'd forgotten about this thread!!

Here are a couple of pictures of my 'van. It's a 1988 Agrarian 6 Deluxe. I can see certain "characteristics" common to both vans, ie roofline and the position of the door in front of the wheels, which seems relatively uncommon. I don't have any internal pictures of mine but I can again see certain similarities.

Thanks for the info and pictures.

post-179-1116322450.jpgpost-179-1116322467.jpg

Oh, also there is a guy on here, "Tradetech" who knows a bit about Trophy Caravans, he used to build them!!

:) Hi, having joined the forum the other day, I am delighted to see, that some other Trophy caravans asre on the road as well.

Unfortunately I cannot help with information. I would be more than delighted if others could help me with copies of the owner manuals of Trophy Cravans between 1980 and 1990.

We have a preowned Trophy "executiveline". It will be built 1983/84. It has an aluminium-chassis made by General Trailers in Manchester and is running on a "ftf" Louhans-France-axle (now AlKo)

The biggest riddle for me is the make of the brakes.

AlKo simply does not answer my repeated requests, as well as General Trailer, now in Norfolk is dead-silent.

I could not work out the make of the brakes, and I hope copies of different manuals/owner handbooks, datasheets, brochures. .. might help.

I am happy to refund the costs for copying and sending!

I am looking forward to hear.

Kaj Erdinger

The photographs show the plates axle, chassis, brake

The drawing shows the construction of my chassis. It is not out of a handbook, I found it online. On my caravan, the positions for brake-lever and jockeywheel are actually switched!

post-2519-1142546357_thumb.jpg

post-2519-1142546385_thumb.jpg

post-2519-1142547047_thumb.jpg

post-2519-1142547403_thumb.jpg

:) Hi, having joined the forum the other day, I am delighted to see, that some other Trophy caravans asre on the road as well.

Unfortunately I cannot help with information. I would be more than delighted if others could help me with copies of the owner manuals of Trophy Cravans between 1980 and 1990.

We have a preowned Trophy "executiveline". It will be built 1983/84. It has an aluminium-chassis made by General Trailers in Manchester and is running on a "ftf" Louhans-France-axle (now AlKo)

AlKo simply does not answer my repeated requests, as well as General Trailer, now in Norfolk is dead-silent.

I could not work out the make of the brakes, and I hope copies of different manuals/owner handbooks, datasheets, brochures. .. might help.

Kaj Erdinger

The drawing shows the construction of my chassis. It is not out of a handbook, I found it online. On my caravan, the positions for brake-lever and jockeywheel are actually switched!

Kaj Erdinger

opps have now got the hang of replying!!

I have a Trophy Agrarian 6 van and all manuals, including chassis.#

Will gladly copy and email (or snail mail) if you let me have contact details

Edited by C guy

Thank you for your answer. Due to my work rota I just got time to respond now.

I will be happy with wathever you can send me. Probably photocopies are easier in an envelope. I will send you details.

Best thanks

Kaj Erdinger

Thank you for your answer. Due to my work rota I just got time to respond now.

I will be happy with wathever you can send me. Probably photocopies are easier in an envelope. I will send you details.

Best thanks

Kaj Erdinger

Hi Kaj

These web sites may provide some help

Preloved caravans http://www. preloved. co. uk/

Historic classic http://www. hcclub. co. uk/

Regards

Dave

I see this thread is getting on a bit, but I am now the owner of a Trophy Silver Agistar so another old lady still in use.

Edited by diamond

I see this thread is getting on a bit, but I am now the owner of a Trophy Silver Agistar so another old lady still in use.

Your quite correct - the OP hasn't had a Trophy for a few years now!

Trophy Caravans was the place i first started out in this crazy industry back in 1988, it was at orchard Mill in croston Lancs, my dad was to blame as he got me the job LOl . ..... and im still doing the job 21 years later . .. helping you lot too . .. and for free i might add

Trophy Caravans was the place i first started out in this crazy industry back in 1988, it was at orchard Mill in croston Lancs, my dad was to blame as he got me the job LOl . ..... and im still doing the job 21 years later . .. helping you lot too . .. and for free i might add

just picked up a 1992 trophy 450/5gl, its not in bad nick, unfortunately something dropped off on the motorway on the way home the gas locker door!

Anybody got a spare or any idea where i can get one, would be much appreciated, alternatively if you picked mine up off the m25 can you send it on!!!!

hi ive also got a trophy it's an olympic gold was 4berth now 2and half as prev owner made

shower room bigger it's about 89/90 i think :rolleyes:

i see ther has been quite a few on ebay for sale

I've just been informed of a local caravan for sale called a Trophy Medallion.

Unable to view for a few weeks until said people are ready to sell it, and have next to no info on it. ..

So if anyone can shed any light on this it'd be much appreciated :)

just picked up a 1992 trophy 450/5gl, its not in bad nick, unfortunately something dropped off on the motorway on the way home the gas locker door!

Anybody got a spare or any idea where i can get one, would be much appreciated, alternatively if you picked mine up off the m25 can you send it on!!!!

hi new to this sadiemary1 have you tryed the caravan panel shop he has most parts for trophy caravans i have got there phone number if needed

Well the Trophy has had a bit of a cosmetic makeover and will be out in Norfolk this weekend. She had a bit of a dribble from the skylight but thats sorted now.

One worry I have is the tyres are the metric ones as used on Metros and Montego, virtually impossible to find. Hopefully i will be able to locate a normal set of replacement wheels and tyres in a more available size.

Edited by diamond

hi new to this sadiemary1 have you tryed the caravan panel shop he has most parts for trophy caravans i have got there phone number if needed

hi ive just got a trophy knowsley eros2, 2berth and it is missing gas locker cover on the a frame, any ideas as to where i may be able to get one from,thanks.

So am I! The conversation with my friend went like this. ..

"We went to Abbey Lakes (caravan dealers in Orrell near Wigan) to buy a jockey wheel, and came back with a new caravan. Does anyone want out old one?"

I sent her a message on Facebook, asking to look at it. I viewed it, and said:

"I'll have it. How much do you want for it?"

"Sorry?"

"How much is it?"

"No. Just TAKE it."

So that's how we got our Aggie the Agistar! laugh.gif

opps have now got the hang of replying!!

I have a Trophy Agrarian 6 van and all manuals, including chassis.#

Will gladly copy and email (or snail mail) if you let me have contact details

Hi there,

I am a new member just bought a trophy 5 birth caravan I have not got a clue what is what I would appreciate any manuals for the caravan or the appliances. I am happy to pay for the postage and photocopying costs. If you like I can scan it for you.

Thanks.

Hi Everybody,

I have just bought a Trophy Olympic Silver 510/6 twin axle and I believe it is around 1989/ 1990.

I have been looking for a caravan for a while and then I come across this one. She seems fine with

one bit of damp that has been rectified.

It tows really well and if anybody has any information on this lovely caravan, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tony

I've just bought a trophy medallion and its class wee but of work required to make it ours but looking forward to get it out, I paid £350 for it. Not bad exterior and same for interior. I'll post pics later.