Jml Reversing Aid

coljac

I have to hook up without any assistance, which means that i have to get the tow bar ball under the hitch .

This usualy means a few get out and look times .

I was thinking of buying a JML reversing aid and was wondering if any one else has one and are they any good?? Coljac

I've seen the stuck on sensors, not only do they look awful, you would have to keep turning them on and off, as if left on, when in traffic, any car coming up behind you will set it off (you might like that though!). Also you still would have to get out to check for position as I do not think they would be sensitive enough to get you that close. It might be an idea to rig up some sort of 'pole' that would move when you reversed back to it?

We use a van mover, I know its a 'bit more' expensive than a reversing sensor, but oh boy is it worth it!!

Carrie

Yes we too use our mover so never have that problem now. ... :)

Its nice that people want to tell us so much about the motor movers, but please use the right means to tell us about them. The OP was asking about the JML reversing aid. If it is to be judged by any other JML product it will be cheap as chips and practical. Rather in a different league than a motor mover dont you think?

I guess the OP is talking about some sort of gadget/device that afixes to the rear screen and reflects the image behind the car so he can see it in the rear view mirror.

Steve

I have the same problem as the wife is disabled. I bought a Reich hitching aid which is a bumper fitted to the van hitch and a flag is inserted in the front. Works a treat. Bought it from Riversway who were selling them off. Dont know if they have any left.

There used to be an gadget that had two vertical poles. One clipped to the towball and one to the hitch. You could look at them through the rear window and when they were aligned, the car and van were in the correct position. Don't know if that is the item that Colbre has.

The only other cheap solution that I can think of is a mirror mounted on the rear of the car. I have seen these on some cars.

I don't think that the JML would work for this job. I suggested the mover as, although it is expensive, it does do the job and a lot more besides. My wife has a bad back and it has helped us to continue caravanning.

Roger

I have reversing sensors fitted as standard to my Alhambra and they bleep when you are approaching an object whilst reversing then give a continuous tone when you are close 12-14" so it would still leave a lot of guess work to get it inch perfect and one inch out and thats a hole in my bumper!!

Regards

NRF

Archived