Liechtenstein

This year I am thinking of travelling from Italy to Germany, but going via Liechtenstein, which borders both Austria and Switzerland, both of those countries have vignettes.

Has anybody been to Liechtenstien, and is it worth a visit, also from which country did you enter it. Also is it a reasonable road to travel to get between the two countries Italy and Germany, looks a bit tight in places.

Last year it cost me 80 e just to pass through Switzerland, a bit steep to just pass through, did try to stop but camp site was closed for lunch and they were full anyway, they would not let me in to turn around and I had to back up a track all the way to the main road. So I carried on into Germany.

Just at the planning stage at the moment so would welcome input.

Thanks.

It's been ages since I was there, but I don't recall that it was particularly worth a visit. Nothing that one wouldn't see in Austria or Switzerland. There's only one town (Vaduz) worth calling a town and only one access road from Austria (Feldkirch). All other roads lead from Switzerland.

Thanks Lutz, I think I will go through Innsbruck instead and spend some time in Austria.

Bopeep as Lutz says nothing to write home about and fuel etc very expencive compared with Austria. That part of the Tyrol around Innsbruck is very pretty and lots to see. We have been many times to this area and all Austria have gone over th Brenner Motorway to Italy. See our adventures I and info on area below in my Signature. Anymore help please ask.

Snooks

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning

Liechtenstein, nothing to see that you won't see from the road passing through it. I seem to remember Vaduz has a schloss perched on a cliff above the town.

I like this quote from Yahoo Travel:-

You have to feel sorry for Vaduz. It could have been a quiet and pleasant Rhineside provincial town like Sargans on the Swiss bank opposite; instead, it labours under the unreasonable weight of being capital of an historical oddity. The little town bulges with glass-plated banks and squadrons of whistle-stop foreigners aimless with anti-climax.
My advice, just get on with the rest of your journey.
John.
Edited by John19

We stayed here 45 years ago!! was a small local camp site in those days. Only reason my parents went there was to 'add' another country to the list.

My only memory was the pool and the view when in it, idyllic in those days as the pool was above the camp site on its own with nothing around it . Still got good views now and a good looking and well rated Site.

schwimmbad_gross.JPG

http://www. campingtriesen. li/index. asp?Lang=E

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

Bopeep you kindly made me a Friend I went onto my page and accidentally deleted it could you re-friend for me so sorry. Snooks

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning