New Astella

A11

Went to the NEC show yesterday, willing to be persuaded into a new Astella.

Conclusion was no. Too little kitchen space (wife's veto) - "they've taken a caravan which had an outstanding kitchen and made it useless". The Astella at £26k was just near the Eterniti at £28k.

I think Adria have made a huge mistake going for the Glam. I can't see them selling many at all.

325_ASTELLA_GLAM_663_HT_detail_interior_

Adria-Astella-Glam-2014-interior-through

Presumably this is the one? Surprised lack of space is an issue but haven't seen one in flesh yet. I do know my OH doesn't like the new I-design with the in line hob and space in front and large drawers. Certainly not one for the traditionalists.

Sadly that probably means I will never own one!

Good luck with your search

Edited by sunshinetours

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I have thought from day 1 its a brave move. over here we struggle to sway from tradition. At over 6' i cannot imagine using that kitchen comfortably. then again if i could afford one, and the truck to tow it we would possibly eat out most of the time too. :-)

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Well i will have a good look on sunday. My wife is only only 5ft 4 so the astella may be perfect!😉

Went to the NEC show yesterday, willing to be persuaded into a new Astella.

Conclusion was no. Too little kitchen space (wife's veto) - "they've taken a caravan which had an outstanding kitchen and made it useless". The Astella at £26k was just near the Eterniti at £28k.

I think Adria have made a huge mistake going for the Glam. I can't see them selling many at all.

We would of had if it had an island bed. ... I'm 6'2" and think the kitchen is outstanding. Still each to his own. Getting an Isonzo instead. :-)

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

We would of had if it had an island bed. ... I'm 6'2" and think the kitchen is outstanding. Still each to his own. Getting an Isonzo instead. :-)

In the model I was in at the NEC there was no chance of sitting up in the fixed bed drinking a cup of tea (or late night Champagne) with two large wall mounted lights in the headboard where your head needs to be. I couldn't live with them and it is a pity, but on such a small detail a caravan has to be dismissed as unsuitable for us.

John.