Where Was Ben?

gravon42

Went to the NEC today expecting to find Caravan Chat stand, but not there!! :angry:

Not listed in the catalogue and no one on information desk any help. Stayed til

2pm. then went to Motor Cycle Museum. What a fantastic place!! :)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

CT said they do not have a stand at this show But would have a presence on a trade stand but can't remember which.

I'm there tomorrow!

Edited by WispMan

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Sorry guys. No stand this time, but we hope to have one again in October. I'll be there too tomorrow, and so will Ben, but we'll be flitting around th halls so say hello if you spot us, or think we need a coffee!

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Well that's the Birmingham cream cake industry down the pan! :rolleyes:

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I'm there tomorrow so will look out for the big G.

Looking at the avatar of same, it will be a big conch, long ears and then lower down, what's that I espy?

I do hope I don't see that walking the aisles - that would scare the horses!

Graham

I'm there tomorrow!

And we are! No doubt we will find Ben "chatting" with Rowena on the CC stand!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We missed you. No chance to thank you in person or blag a coffee. Cost me £6 to keep SWMBO happy.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

We missed you. No chance to thank you in person or blag a coffee. Cost me £6 to keep SWMBO happy.

Spendthrift Alan, you bought her a glass of water then :lol:

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Spendthrift Alan, you bought her a glass of water then :lol:

No ! She had the 'champers' we always take for lunch with the picnic and then demanded, yes demanded, a posh coffee.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Just returned from the show but didn't catch a glimpse of Ben or Gordon. Did see Graham from Caravanfinder and also John Wickersham filming on the Truma stand - no doubt for a future episode. Oh, and I very successfully enjoyed my 15 mins caravan towing experience!

Today at the show.

Young lady: "Do you exfoliate?"

Me: "Sorry - I'm from a generation that doesn't understand that word"

Young lady: "Well, do you moisturise?"

Me: "Sorry, I still don't understand."

Young lady: "Well, does your wife moisturise?"

Me: "How would I know, I've only been married to her for 38 years"

Young lady: "Well, have these two sachets free for you and your wife"

Me: "Thank you".

And I walk away with 2 hydrating sachets. Now I think hydration is watering, so every time I wash my hands, II'm hydrating my hands for free. I do now feel very old.

Graham

Just returned from the show but didn't catch a glimpse of Ben or Gordon.

Was Ben not in the flower pot next to Bill?

Haven't a clue where Gordon was though!

Didn't have a colour telly never mind widescreen at that time so maybe he was off screen to the left?

Or was that Weed? Maybe that was Gordon in drag?

:)

Was Ben not in the flower pot next to Bill?

Haven't a clue where Gordon was though!

Didn't have a colour telly never mind widescreen at that time so maybe he was off screen to the left?

Or was that Weed? Maybe that was Gordon in drag?

:)

Happy memories - priceless!

Now I think hydration is watering, so every time I wash my hands, II'm hydrating my hands for free. I do now feel very old.

My wife did a 2yr course on beauty therapy, and the amount of BS products out there is unreal.

But yes, you are completely right.

Back on topic, I think having a stand (however small) would do a number of things;

- Increase the community feel with members meeting n greeting each other (over free coffee?).

- Increase profile of CT as the forum of choice.

But when CT doesnt apparently get any money from company sponsorship then I wonder how much in forum ad revenue they would get versus outlay. ..

Best of luck still for Ben!

We hope to be there with a stand again in October but the budget wouldn't stretch to two visits a year, given the limited benefit that resulted from last February's attendance.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Yes - you have to judge how worthwhile a stand is.

I spoke to a couple of caravan manuf stands and asked if they followed the forums as they could get good feedback info there. Both said they thought their IT depts check them out.

Thinking like that shows a complete lack of understanding in how the internet is evolving.

A lady on the Eterniti stand was different. She checks out CT and personally monitors it.

We have 40,000 members - how can anyone selling anything in the trade ignore such a facility as CT and other forums?

Graham

I spoke to a couple of caravan manuf stands and asked if they followed the forums as they could get good feedback info there. Both said they thought their IT depts check them out.

Thinking like that shows a complete lack of understanding in how the internet is evolving.

A lady on the Eterniti stand was different. She checks out CT and personally monitors it.

We have 40,000 members - how can anyone selling anything in the trade ignore such a facility as CT and other forums?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Oh, ha! Hold on, hahahahaha!!!!

No really, what was that?

Thought that what you said.

Have you forgotten that in La La Caravan World its still 1975?

Theyve only just discovered plastic beams and aircraft adhesives.

It's no wonder then that all of our comments/critiscm's just seem to be ignored! And they keep churning out caravans with the same faults & no attempt to correct them. My U2 Valencia like many others had a water leak from the bottom of the shower, caravan built December 2012, another member has just reported his leaking on a van just delivered. You also need to be a contortionist to use the loo roll which is positioned behind the loo! Who does design/live in them to check if it all functions OK?

Manufacturers do 'life towing' tests, this is obviously important, as important as making sure the caravan works when lived in?

You would think that design teams would meet to discuss problem areas on a regular basis & take onboard criticism, it's often the small points that prove to be the most irritating.

Good luck to Eternity.