Alarm Fob

Cavalier

Hi everybody, I have a 9 month old Cartagena and when my wife went in the caravan the other day the alarm went off and no amount of pressing of the Alarm fob would turn it off, so we had to wait till the end of the set alarm period, I should imagine much to the annoyance of our neihbors anyway it looks like the battery in the fob is flat, the red light flashes very dim if it flashes at all.

Can anyone tell me how to open the fob to change a battery, it looks a bit impossible to me.

Have you tried ringing the dealer you bought it off?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I haven't rung our dealer yet, just thought if its just a case of changing a battery I would just do it.

After reading your post I had a look at the fob for my Seville. I can't see any way of opening the fob so I think it's probably a case of ordering a new one. However, as your van is only nine months old, I'd have thought Bailey would supply one under the warranty.

You should have two fobs for the caravan. If the other one works it's likely to be a battery problem in the first one, but if neither fob works that would suggest a possible problem with the alarm system. Either way I'd suggest that you'd be best advised to contact the dealer.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Thin bladed knife or small flat headed screwdriver, look on the sides and you should see where the top and bottom halves, connect. Prise open gently(not easy) battery inside

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

If its thhe same as our Senator Tracker then.

If you look at the side of the alarm fob on both sides there is what looks like a

Small raised section I was told by the dealer to open it up there. I tried that several times with no joy so I used a sharp knife on the corner near the keyring end and split the 2 parts open there slightly. Then you will see that those 2 sections are holding it together just run the knife gently along to seperate the 2 half's gently then repeat it on the other side and it pops open just make sure you Don't catch the circuit board with the knife. Gently does it so as not to crack the case.

Just opened mine up to double check and opened it up in 30 seconds

There you go then. I've learned something new as well today. Thanks guys.

Edited by Highlandman

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Thanks for all the info guys, I think I will ring the dealership first and see if they will send me a new one. I will let yo know how I get on.

Thanks for all the info guys, I think I will ring the dealership first and see if they will send me a new one. I will let yo know how I get on.

They are designed to be opened to change the battery and new ones are £22 from Bailey parts online.

https://bailey-parts. co. uk/Product. aspx?PartNumber=1040063

Edited by dave11a

My Elddis ex2000 only had one fob when I bought it. It has a keen electronics alarm system fitted. Have thought about fitting an over riding switch in the wiring in case I loss the fob. It does use a battery every year but they can be bought from Mapplins but I would like to incorporate a concealed switch that I can just activate when I leave the caravan would like to know if anyone has done this with a Keen system.

Peter