Banner, Or Numax Battery ?

Hello all,

We need to buy as new leisure battery, and can purchase a 113Ah Numax for £89. 99, or a100 Ah Banner for £101. 56; both from Tayna. Delivery would be extra.

We do use a motor mover, but normally use EHU. Is the Banner battery of much better quality to compensate for the higher price and less AH ? Opinions please.

Many thanks,

Jim.

Yes I think the Banner is better but you say 'normally use EHU' which might indicate occasional off-grid use in which case I would go for the Banner. I am ALWAYS on EHU and have mover which has to be used a fair bit (storage and on site) and have a 5 year-old 85Ah Numax which works fine (as does a 4 year-old cheap car battery which cost only £40). I swap them over every couple of months in winter storage.

Sam :beardy:

take a look at http://www. alpha-batteries. co. uk/caravan-batteries/#goto they are pretty cheap and the warranty service is just as it says, had my landcruiser battery snuffed it when we had our last cold winter, 3year 10 months old and they sent out a new one after getting a report from the autoelec that it was dead, just had to put the old one in the box the new one came in, and the courrier took it away with him. 1st class service.

I have Banner in my Car and Numax in the caravan ( x 2)

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

The Numax you are considering is taller than the Banner (220mm vs 190mm).

I don't whether this might be an issue with the size of your battery locker.

Land Rover is now back towing.

I have just purchased a 90Ah Enduroline from Tanya. It is slightly more expensive than the Numax but has a 4 year guarantee rather than 3. Cheaper than a Banner so it seems to sit between the two. Something to consider.

Ordered at 3pm and delivered next day at 2pm.

Brian

You have to be careful what you are comparing. the Numax 113Ah battery does not state under what conditions it is 113Ah

The Banner battery can be up to 110Ah at a certain discharge rate.

I'm very happy with my Banner battery and can only recommend it

Dave

C.jpg

Banner Energy Bull 110Ah Battery

The K ratings are important. They give the capacity of the battery which is dependant on the rate the current is taken from them.

So in my batteries case the stated capacity figures are K5 75Ah - K20 100Ah - K100 110Ah this means if discharged over 5 hours you get 75Ah where as discharged over 100 hours you get 110Ah. Hence it is very important when comparing battery capacity to compare the same discharge times.

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

Both batteries I mentioned will go into the battery compartment.

In five years we have only been off EHU once, so no real need for a high capacity battery, but thanks to flashgordon, (post 3), I'm leaning towards this:

http://www. alpha-batteries. co. uk/caravan-batteries/110ah-banner-energy-bull-caravan-battery/

Good quality, capacity, and the price includes delivery.

Again; thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Jim.

Edited by Guest

IMO, weight is everything. A few days ago, I weighed our two leisure batteries, both 110ah. The Banner Energy Bull came in at 24kg and the Numax at 22kg. We have a third, can't remember the name but also 110ah and that came in at 20kg.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

recently bought a Lucas 110ah from batteries online via ebay delivered £89. very pleased. Identical to Numax so I'm told.

Landrover Freelander 2 Auto TD4 HSE in Baltic Blue tugging Coachman Pastiche 560/4 (One life,Live it)

No idea what the gel batteries are like, but this price looks good, and a 5yr warranty too

http://www. alpha-batteries. co. uk/caravan-batteries/110ah-xplorer-gel-deep-cycle-caravan-battery/