New Bailey Vigo Problem

Alcan Male

Picked up our new Unicorn 2 Vigo on Saturday from Stewart Longton in Chorley, obviously we had to try it that night, unfortunately a couple of the plastic clips that hold the wine glasses snapped, definitely a design fault and nothing to do with the thickness of the wine glass stems! Apart from this serious issue absolutely everything worked on the van, not even one minor problem whatsoever. Extremely impressed by the build quality and as described by many on this forum the Alde heating is superb even in the bathroom.

Before picking up the van I noticed a cupboard door was not fitted correctly, that's all I could find, on handover, it had been sorted and nothing was missing from any of the loose items you get with a new van. So all in all an excellent purchase from a very professional dealer. They also have an extremely well looked after Sterling Europa 620 for sale. Now looking forward to getting out and about and filling the great front picture window with some fabulous vistas!

So glad you pleased with your Purchase and hope you have many happy times in it. :D

Now if you haven't already, have your wheels balanced. ;)

Enjoy :)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Same happened to our 'Wine Clips'!! disaster, rack was replaced without any question, new one the clips seem thicker

Enjoy

Dave

PS Unicorn 2 has wheels balanced at factory.

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

So glad you pleased with your Purchase and hope you have many happy times in it. :D

all new Bailey wheel are already balanced from the factory.

Hope you have many happy adventures in your new van.

We are also considering a change to the island bed layout and the Vigo or Cartagena are on the possibilities list.

Bailey GT65 Ancona Following Vauxhall Antara

Looks as if you are turning into "Big Jimmy"

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

What a funny heading for a good write up of a new van. If all you could find is a couple of clips broken, I would have thought the heading would have been alot more positive than you put.

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

What a funny heading for a good write up of a new van. If all you could find is a couple of clips broken, I would have thought the heading would have been alot more positive than you put.

Kev

I have to agree - the heading doesn't do the van any justice.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Kev

I thought it was really funny ! :D

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Looks as if you are turning into "Big Jimmy"

I hope not. He has sold up and is back in the UK, due to illness. :(

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Oh that's bad news.

It was always the first thing he commented on when someone posted they had a new van.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

Oh No ! I loved the thought of him and his lovely CL and horses etc. .......... Hope he's ok.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Its called ironic humour! Glad it made someone laugh.

:)

• 1 year later...

We've had no end of problems with our Bailey Vigo and apart from having to take it into repair several times, Bailey will not take any responsibility at all.

1 Bathroom light failed - won't turn on
2 Water pump failed - constantly clicking and constantly on
3 Bailey log at front fell off
4 Bailey letter "A" at front fell off
5 Three fridge door shelves have broken during travel - not even holding anything majorly heavy
6 Window blind on the door does not retract properly
7 Window blind in bathroom does not retract properly
8 Push button for cupboard above sink broke - I believe screws were too short
9 Base of seat (bench) in lounge broke in half - looking at it there is no support at the rear of the seat
10 Lump was protruding from veneer strip on bedroom wall
11 Satellite connection to kitchen and bedroom areas was not connected properly
12 Shaving mirror retaining clip was missing in the bathroom
13 One of the bed slats keeps falling off from under the bed.
14 The plastic covers that cover the corners of the bed under the bit that can be raised kept falling off.
15 The holder for one of the gas bottles fell off due to the screws being too small
16 The indicators kept flashing at double speed – a device had to be fitted to the caravan, but this has not resolved the problem despite it looking like it had done initially. This is a known problem and the only solution is to replace all the LED lights with incandescent lights
17 The thermostat was reading about 4 degrees above the actual temperature.
19 The 12V supplies were causing damage to my devices rendering them no longer usable. It was discovered that there is an inherent fault in the solar power that means if the battery fails then too much voltage (14. 8V) is sent to the 12V supplies by the solar power.
19 TV outlet to awning was broken

Hi Caraman
My Cadiz 2 2103 had weights stuck on the wheels, but they certainly hadn't been balanced, had the wheels checked at 2 reputable tyre dealers with 90 grams weights on one wheel!!!!!!!

Glass holding plastic clip BROKE stuck it back with super glue (and took glasses out) not broke since (only for show I should have known better to put anything in the clip) ALAN

Ours had a couple of clips go,as well as a broken rear blind. The parts are on the way,fitting when we return from next trip as the workshop is booked up.

Ours is 2014 Vigo,we are very pleased with it.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

if your caravan is out of warranty it maybe worth trying this glue.

I repaired my A frame fairing with it and its done a great job and its cheaper than Rapid Fix, the American version.

Click on the link for the video, purchased mine from Amazon.

Edited by Silverback

In response to Paul Long: this is about a 2014 rather than 2015. But I only had very minor issues with our 2014 Vigo too. Funnily enough on the 2014, the bathroom light switch stopped working.

And as I said on your other copy / paste reply 14. 8v isn't a fault.