Needing New Tug, Help Narrowing Down Options

Metheone

Hi all

Needing a new car, not for towing a caravan (figured best to post here as weights similar and so much experience), but a box trailer (750kg) and sometimes a exhibition trailer (1800kg)

Also need a large amount of space in the car, Carry lots of equipment quite often.

Comfort is fairly high on the list.

Have about 22-24K to spend, looking for a 62 onwards.

Looking so far at:

Nissan Pathfinder

Nissan Nav

VW Amarok

Anyone got any views on the above?

Thanks all

I'd steer clear of the leaf sprung pick-ups if as you say "comfort is fairly high on the list. ."

Not sure about the towing weight issue but personally I'd be looking at comfy, classy estate cars.

Edited by scotsstag

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

Shame you need to tow 1800kg there are some very good deals on new x-trails at moment you could have got a new one 2200kg tow limit but you be over 85% with 1800kg.

LUNAR LEXON DS ROYAL HERCULES MOVER, 2017 Seat Alhambra 184 se lux & SSANGYONG REXTON 2. 9 RUNNING ON VEG OIL. 1982 HONDA CX500EC. YAMAHA XJ600S. 2006 FORD KA

Hi all

Thanks for the replies, all interesting

Kirk - currently have a 61 plate xtrail tekna, te exhibition unit is played at 1800kg, but on a weigh ridge came in at 1350kg so well within limits.

Just fancy a change but a large boot is also fairly high.

0% finance on new xtrail too! And they tick the comfort level but wouldn't be much of a change.

May have to go and do some test drives

And cc discount I believe

The new Rexton W is getting some quite good press for a ssangyong these have a big boot may be worth a test drive.

LUNAR LEXON DS ROYAL HERCULES MOVER, 2017 Seat Alhambra 184 se lux & SSANGYONG REXTON 2. 9 RUNNING ON VEG OIL. 1982 HONDA CX500EC. YAMAHA XJ600S. 2006 FORD KA

I agree :D Come along and have a test drive.

http://www. leisureworldmotors. co. uk/

Regards

Vicky

post-38857-0-87830300-1351008423_thumb.jpg
www.leisureworldgroup.com
post-38857-0-37340800-1349458087_thumb.jpg

"A Family Firm with Family Values"

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Talk Best Dealer Award

Regional and Overall Winner of the Practical Caravan Dealer of the Year 2011

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Times Reader Award for the Most Popular Caravan Dealership

Not a fan of the Rexton, thanks anyway

Drove the Amarok today, very very impressed bearing in mind its on leaf springs.

Toyota Hi Lux

Landrover Freelander 2 Auto TD4 HSE in Baltic Blue tugging Coachman Pastiche 560/4 (One life,Live it)

Thanks again all, Looked at Hilux but not a massive fan of the look.

Very tempted by a Amarok now.

Having another look tomorrow

Thanks again

Amorok a fine vehicle but have you considered trying a D Max (I'm biased I have one.) On leaf springs but, like the Amorok, a suprisingly good ride. Chain cam like the Amorok (HiLux is rubber belt and you need a three litre to get decent power). I was torn between Amorok and D Max, asked Honest John who preferred the Isuzu quoting five year warranty and better gear change. It's a 2. 5 so not as pushed as the VW's 2 litre. Have a test drive.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Land Cruiser Amazon. Huge boot if you take the rear set of seats out. Go anywhere, pull anything. With that budget you may be looking at older than a 62 plate, but you'l get your money back when you sell on.

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I know you,ll probably think "What the hell is this?" but i,ve had a look at them in the flesh. Its a lot of car for very little money (comparitively speaking). As one local farmer put, he can buy 2 of these for the same money as a Hilux. 6 years warranty and when he,s finished with the 1st one, hes gonna use it as a gate, then buy the 2nd one and hes still got 6 years warranty left. Reckons he cant go wrong.

http://greatwallmotor. co. uk/vehicles/steed-se/

Sterling Elite Emerald

Thanks all, after driving a wide range of vehicles, i have decided that within budget there is no improvement on my Xtrail. So it stays for now.

Thanks all :D