Valencia Microwave Plate

Papa nurse

Just wanted to reinforce that the red sticker on the Valencia microwave door advising to remove the plate when towing is correct.

We just got back from Chatsworth to find the plate on the floor in lots of pieces. .

I am not just posting to confess my stupidity but obviously confirming to all that the plate will escape and break if you leave it in.

Now the real reason for the post;

Bailey want £40 for the replacement plate - (delivered)

Or

I can buy a new replacement microwave (KOR-6N7RS) for around £75

Or

Has anyone bought one of the Universal microwave plates that fits the Daewoo microwaves fitted in the Valencia?

There are a few on Amazon and eBay for around £10 that look about right but just thought I would throw the question out there in the hope somebody else has trod this way before.

Any help appreciated!!

I thought all the plates in microwaves were the same. Got 3 here and they all fit our home microwave. Could be wrong though!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

No, they are different diameters. I previously had a Swift Challenger 460 and that was a larger plate. That's no real help though. Lesson learned!

I hope it didn't dent the top of the unit underneath the microwave. Our dealer forgot to remove it when we bought ours from new and it too fell out. It didn't smash but left a nasty indent in the work top. After having a go at the dealer he agreed to fix it under warranty. .

I hope it didn't dent the top of the unit underneath the microwave. Our dealer forgot to remove it when we bought ours from new and it too fell out. It didn't smash but left a nasty indent in the work top. After having a go at the dealer he agreed to fix it under warranty. .

You just had me nipping outside to check the worktop.

Phew no damage to that !!

Just go onto t'interweb and look for the model no of your microwave - we lost our plate on our previous van a Bailey Champagne - dunno how we lost it but we did. Got a new plate for about £10 plus p&p but I can't remember where from

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Just go onto t'interweb and look for the model no of your microwave - we lost our plate on our previous van a Bailey Champagne - dunno how we lost it but we did. Got a new plate for about £10 plus p&p but I can't remember where from

Google is always my first stop for information but the model number doesn't bring up any concrete results.

I can buy and hope it fits but thought I would throw it out here first.

I place mine vertically in the front RH corner, down the back of the seat cushion, not the seat back cushion. It stays there nicely protected.

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Been there. Got rhe T shirt lucky enough it missed the worktop and didnt smash. No warning lable on our microwave, pack it in the drawer with the T towels now. Saw the same microwave in asda a while back £65.

That pouch on the wall by the door that you thought was for magazines and newspapers is the best place to keep the microwave plate when in transit. I keep mine in there and only put it in the oven when it is going to be used.

That pouch on the wall by the door that you thought was for magazines and newspapers is the best place to keep the microwave plate when in transit. I keep mine in there and only put it in the oven when it is going to be used.

:goodpost:What a great idea, so far we've always put ours into the plate rack, but it's not the greatest fit ( even though I changed the original rack which was far too shallow ) The extra bonus is the missus can reach the pocket :lol:

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Been into my P2 with the same microwave. ... the plate is 255mm in diameter.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/DAEWOO-MICROWAVE-TURNTABLE-Glass-DELIVERY/dp/B00COPNGI2/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1392740726&sr=1-3&keywords=255mm+microwave+plate looks the same. .. This post is NOT a recommendation of the supplier just a random cheap find.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Been into my P2 with the same microwave. ... the plate is 255mm in diameter.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/DAEWOO-MICROWAVE-TURNTABLE-Glass-DELIVERY/dp/B00COPNGI2/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1392740726&sr=1-3&keywords=255mm+microwave+plate looks the same. .. This post is NOT a recommendation of the supplier just a random cheap find.

I think I saw that one on Amazon and also a similar one on eBay- free delivery so I think it's worth a punt with Amazon.

Thanks for confirming the diameter- I will confirm if it fits or doesn't fit.

Thanks again to everyone for all the helpful replies!

I had the same problem bought my replacement from Amazon. Just make sure you buy one that states it has the Cloverleaf to fit the microwave drive and it is the correct diameter. Some have just a plain flat underside.

Just wanted to clarify that the Amazon link from Rodders53 http://www. amazon. co. uk/DAEWOO-MICROWAVE-TURNTABLE-Glass-DELIVERY/dp/B00COPNGI2/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1392740726&sr=1-3&keywords=255mm+microwave+plate

is a perfect replacement for the microwave plate on the Daewoo KOR-6N7RS on our Valencia S2

Hands down better deal than anywhere else and will update if the plate cracks/breaks in the near future.

Hope somebody finds this link when they most need it-

Happy caravaning

Cheers John

I seem to recall that CPC sell microwave plates at a reasonable price - I'm sure it was in the latest flyer they sent me

Update:

Just done a search. The Daewoo ones are no longer stocked, but there are some universal ones:

http://cpc. farnell. com/turntables-couplers&getResults=true

Edited by A11

Ditto! It's a perfect fit, visible during a final interior check before moving off, and held securely whilst in motion. Have never used it for mags, papers etc.

Swift Challenger 565 2016 and Ford Kuga Titanium X TDCi

I hope it didn't dent the top of the unit underneath the microwave. Our dealer forgot to remove it when we bought ours from new and it too fell out. It didn't smash but left a nasty indent in the work top.

Snap!! Don't understand how the door opens on it's own. Wife has managed to dent a work surface on all

our last three 'vans. I've given up telling her not to put heavy objects in the roof cupboards, ,,,,,sigh.

Got away lightly this time with just a small dent LOL.

I could kick myself for not thinking of this tip!

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

We just put a couple of layers of bubble wrap around our microwave plate and leave it in the microwave. Haven't had a problem in 8 years.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution