Teleco V Status Tv Antenna

Fishcakes

Does anyone have a teleco wind omni directional tv aerial on their van? does it work well? Are there any user serviceable parts inside to make it better!? Any info or views please.

If that's the one that looks like the starship enterprise then we have one on our van. We have never had any problems on the sites we have visited. There is usually a small junction box in a cupboard underneath where the aerial is situated. If you take the small plastic cover off, there is a small turn knob that you can play about with to increase or decrease the gain.

We once visited a site near Wales and the site was completely surrounded by high trees and bushes. I plugged the TV in and there was no picture so I thought it was because of the trees. On the third day I decided to play about with the TV by re-tuning and hey presto! Every freeview channel came on! (I didn't realise that the signal came from a different transmitter DUH! :rolleyes: ).

For two nights I sat chatting to the wife. .. She seems like a really nice person. :lol:

2005 VW Touran 1. 9 TDI SE (105)
Pulling a 2010 Bailey Olympus 546

I think I am right in saying Omni directional antenna worked really well when the tv signal was analogue as you could get a picture even if slightly off tune. Digital needs the tuning to be more accurate, there is no half measures. So getting a signal will be very hit or miss, much better with a directional antenna

Quality valeting of caravans and motorhomes www. motorhomevalet. co. uk

Sorry, no experience of this aerial I will be interested.

The omni directional type I had on my last van (status saucer) worked far better after the change to digital. Only in relatively good signal areas though, directional are far better in weak signal areas.

The UK TV network is designed around the use of DIRECTIONAL antennas (aerials) and omnidirectional ones are best avoided. The transmitters are also both horizontal and vertically polarised depending on location and transmitter so one needs to be able to turn the aerial to suit. Omni aerials like that can't be turned.

DO NOT CHOOSE TO BUY AN OMNI

The Status 530/540/550 directional types work quite well, but a log periodic on a pole would be as good.

Read http://www. aerialsandtv. com/touringaerials. html if you don't believe me (but you should: I was paid to dispense this advice for many years).

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Having a current caravan with a directional Status aerial, and a previous one with the omni directional type, I will be controversial here, and say, that as long as the signal is strong enough, the omni directional type is the best.

There's no faffing about, looking at other aerials and twiddling it around to find the signal. You just connect the TV, switch the aerial on, tune to the local transmitter and it just works - simples.

The downside, I would have to agree, is that it only works in about 75-80% of locations. There are a few where a more powerful directional aerial, or even satellite dish is necessary.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

I have had an Omni for the last year and it is a lot worse than the previous directional when on the same sites.

I have actually ordered a Status directional to be fitted to the new van rather than the standard Omni.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.