Pitch Perfect Leveling Device

daineseboy

Not sure if this is the right place, mods please move if appropriate.

Any way I've seen a bit of kit called a Pitch Perfect leveling device for sale on the Bailey Parts Direct website. It looks really useful and easy to use. Anybody have one fitted? Or have any opinions? http://www. pitchperfect-uk. com

'57 Kia Sorento XT Auto - 2010 Bailey Olympus 504 (With weight upgrade)

Well its not for me. I usually use CC site and hard stands. Never find a need to level side to side and easy enough to level on Jockey wheel as by the time I unhitch and site I usually find that as most pitches slope to the road two turns on the jockey wheel handle before I drop my small 3-way level inside the van often requires no further adjustment.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I wonder if its calibrated to allow for poor draining sinks and shower trays ?

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

I have a trusty bubble in a cheap plastic spirit level, it always works for me, very light, easy to install on any flat surface, portable and i can even use it on my cadac. Cost me a £1

Phil

+1

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

some time ago i bought a system that levels your caravan winds your legs down with four small motors, when it came i looked in the box and relaised that i had to get underneath to fit it so its still in the box in the garage three years later, so i still use the spirit level to level the van and the wife to wind the legs down, did buy her a drill but she dont like it either so stick with simple things in life far cheaper , then we could carry this on spirit level 99p wife ?

I downloaded an app for the ipad for free. because the pad is quite big it gives a better reading than the small spirit level I used to put on the carpet to check. ...Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

I use a wine glass filled to within 1/2 of the top, I place this on a flat surface and when it is all the same level, I drink it. Works brilliantly, I think.

If you are unsure its level keep trying.

after a while it won't matter anymore :-)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Our RV has an auto self-levelling system, but I can certainly see the attraction of anything like PitchPerfect that for some may make setting up a caravan easier, as not everyone wants to run back and forth to check a spirit level. We often used to use a tinned food container on the kitchen worktop to confirm when the 'van was level, but I'm sure others have used various systems that suit them. As I see it, PitchPerfect is just one more option.

If you want to know more then Pete Iles of PitchPerfect is a trade member of this forum.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I use a wine glass filled to within 1/2 of the top, I place this on a flat surface and when it is all the same level, I drink it. Works brilliantly, I think.

Brilliant !!!!!. :goodpost:, I've had a look at this device, very clever, good tow and all that,but, do we need it and at that price too. Good toy though by the look of it

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room. B)

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.

You could use one of these

1459712_10152279744864468_43795563_n.jpg

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

If you are unsure its level keep trying.

after a while it won't matter anymore :-)

Pitch perfect. :D

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz

I use a small level that i just place on the A-frame plastic. I often wondered how accurate this would actually be (who's to say the plastic cover is level?) but we've never had problems and certainly never noticed any lean.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

You could use one of these

1459712_10152279744864468_43795563_n.jpg

Love it, brilliant just brilliant

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room. B)

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.

some time ago i bought a system that levels your caravan winds your legs down with four small motors, when it came i looked in the box and relaised that i had to get underneath to fit it so its still in the box in the garage three years later, so i still use the spirit level to level the van and the wife to wind the legs down, did buy her a drill but she dont like it either so stick with simple things in life far cheaper , then we could carry this on spirit level 99p wife ?

Would you consider selling this? Pm me if you would, thanks

Kia Sorento XT - blue running lights, twin headrest screens, freeview, brodit phone charger

Pegasus 624 - blue & white locker lights, external 12v sockets, grey waste tracks, bedside LED