Brittany Ferries To Introduce New Superferry

Don't know if this has been posted yet but I spotted this whilst checking my ferry booking for next week.

Apparently the Pont Aven is to be replaced by a new superferry in 2017 on the UK - Spain routes & the Pont Aven is going to be on the Portsmouth - St Malo run.

see link below for full details.

http://www. brittany-ferries. co. uk/press-office/blog/40794/14-01-2014---Brittany-Ferries-announces-order-of-giant-gas-powered-cruise-ferry?page=1

Short video of the new ferry on here.

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=J0Mo4zp2bOY

Edited by stevew1

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Sorry Geoff, must have missed that with Christmas coming up.

Sorry Geoff, must have missed that with Christmas coming up.

OK. .better twice than not at all. .......

geoff

The Pont-Aven is used on the St. Malo run during the winter when they work on the Bretagne. Nice vessel, but not as homely as the Bretagne. Bit flash with glass lifts etc. ;-)

Oooh, just read the link. An environmentally friendly ferry. Splendid news.

Meanwhile, we've got the economy ferry to look forward to. I've always been loyal to Brittany Ferries, but this is just the best news.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

We're on the Pont Aven a week on Friday, Portsmouth - Santander. We used it last year from Santander - Plymouth & really enjoyed the crossing & the food on board, weather was lousy though. I like the boat better than the Cap Finisterre which we sailed out on last year Portsmouth - Bilbao, I think the CF is pretty poor on food options for a reasonably sized boat.

We're on the Pont Aven a week on Friday, Portsmouth - Santander.

Give me a wave!! :lol: As you drive off on the Saturday evening I'll be in the queue waiting to board.

Edited by Jaydug

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Will do, i'll be the pasty faced dude in the silver Subaru :) . Hope you have a good crossing.

Give me a wave!! :lol: As you drive off on the Saturday evening I'll be in the queue waiting to board.

Watch out for a cheerful Robot called Brian then. ..........

geoff

Stevew1 where are you going too in Spain we have done the Pont Aven and its a nice ship we are going later in the year but it will be the Finister due to the time it leaves and the time it arrives in Spain we are at Tickhill your at Wath upon Dearne be nice to talk sometime.

Regards Les

PS Enjoy your hol

never mind the flash ferries when will B. F. get the fares down to a senceable level. I think the cost of the crossing is too costly for what you get . The food is over priced and the public are nothing to write home about. For the cost of the crossing you could get a cruise with good food and accommodation!!! admittedly without having your car and caravan with you. During the recent bad weather they have been somewhat unfriendly with their changes to sailings and letting you know whats happening.

Stevew1 where are you going too in Spain we have done the Pont Aven and its a nice ship we are going later in the year but it will be the Finister due to the time it leaves and the time it arrives in Spain we are at Tickhill your at Wath upon Dearne be nice to talk sometime.

Regards Les

PS Enjoy your hol

Thanks Les, we are going to Camping Almafra for a month & then on to Playa Tropicana for just over two weeks with a few stops in between. We are a bit earlier this year & 3 weeks shorter hence the trip further south. We are using the C&CC rallies as I don't think they can be beaten on price & there are always some nice people on them for company. This will be our 3rd year as ralliers so I think the bug has bitten, we did 100 nights out last year home & abroad but had to curb it after September as my 95 year old Dad came to live with us for 12 weeks after having a stroke. He's fighting fit now though so we're off again with his good wishes & he is back at home.

Thanks for your reply we have always done the ccc rally's Tropicana,Bonterra,Villanova but this year we are going out in October to Roquetas to camping Roquetas with friends.

Regards Les

we did 10 weeks last year & visited Vilanova Park, Benicassim, Kiko Park & Playa Joyel with a few others thrown in. Had a great time & enjoyed all the rallies. While we were at Kiko Park we nipped down to Benidorm to meet up with my wifes friend who now lives there & had a quick look around Almafra while we were there, it seems a bit arid after the other sites but had lovely toilet blocks & a nice looking restaurant. It was a bit empty when we visited in late May but no doubt is busy when the rally is on.