Caravan Club/dfds Ferry Offers

The Caravan Club have an offer of discounted ferry crossings, with DFDS from Dover to Calais. I haven't investigated the details but it may be worth while having a look. I think the offer goes 'live' tomorrow - see details on the Caravan Club website.

Unfortunately for some reason I can't copy and paste a direct link at the moment.

Val,

You are probably using Internet Explorer as your web browser and the latest update IE 11 seems to make pasting links impossible on some sites - I suspect it is something to do with security settings. I have started using Chrome as my browser instead when I need to paste.

I tried the Caravan Club offer, and for us, without a caravan, for dates in August and September, we do actually save 25% by booking through the Caravan Club. £88. 00 with DFDS themselves, £66. 00 with DFDS booked through the Caravan Club, same sailings, same dates.

Just tried the DFDS early booking offer out to Calais end of August return end of Sept. . Car 5m + Caravan 7m. ..£75. 20

Tried Caravan Club with Camping Cheques and cost of ferry by DFDS was £111.

Seems a good price to me.

Please disregard my previous posting. Although the site allows you to enter car and caravan request for price, unless you really watch the details, the price comes back but does not include the caravan.

I did it in a moment of madness then had to go through the trouble of getting a refund

Oh dear, that'll teach me to book early at the show in October, cost £138, car, 7. 5m van & dog, could've saved £29

So much for them having my coffers for the past 4 months. Won't be doing that again :( :( :(

Re the above, they don't charge to take a dog over to Europe but it costs £30 to bring it back, do you think she might prefer to stay there ?

Edited by Phil O