Gninja

Good evening everyone I am a new member.

Spent lots of years camping with the wife and kids. Finally decided on a caravan 2 years ago. I bought a four berth swift challenger for £500 and had about 25 nights in it. Last year we upgraded to something slightly newer but only spent £1400 we got an ABI marauder. We sold that before Christmas and have just bought a Fleetwood Heritage 2002 600se. Only picked it up yesterday but we love it we paid 6k but it really is like new.

I am hoping to try get some bits of advice on here if possible and not sure the best area to post it.

The van is fab and like five star compared to what we are used to Aircon unit, central heating, separate bedroom for the kids. It is a twin wheeler and Huuuge. What I don't really know how to work is the 12v. When the mains are connected the battery shows full power, when I disconnect the mains it drops to empty and none of the lights work, is this just a battery problem?

Hello & welcome to the forum,

I would think its a battery problem, do you know anyone who can check it

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

:welcome: and a silly question from me. Do you have a 12V leisure battery fitted? If so it sounds like it isn't charged. When on EHU, some vans need to have a switch switched to turn on the charger. Some charge automatically. When you disconnect the EHU lead, the meter should show some voltage around 12V. If lower then battery is not fully charged or is like the parrot, dead!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

There is a battery connected and it looks quite new. When EHU is connected it shows fully charged. There is a switch under the seats by the battery compartment that say 12v on/off this makes no difference.

I will see if I can get the battery tested it has been hooked up for a couple of days so would have thought it would have had some charge?? Thanks for the advice.

Would you believe me if I told you it was just a fuse!!! I did check them visually bit one of the blades had actually snapped.