Bunch Of Idiots.

Burrs CC site clearly state no arrival before 12. 00, in both the book and on booking statement. reason is because the approach road is not suitable for caravan passing each other. however 6 inconsiderate idiots decided that this rule does not apply to them, they arrive before 12. 00, travelling in convoy close to each other which cause me to nearly smashing some parked cars mirrors and damaging my caravan, I am glad of my experience driving large vehicle. I hope they had not caused any mishap on approaching the site gate as there was a few other caravan ready to leave. if any of you idiots is reading this next time check before you travel.

We had that happen last time we were there we left at 1100 and as I turned the corner and onto the bridge 2 outfits came down at a good pace and tried to cross the bridge. I just stopped where I was well over halfway as I couldn't get through and I wasn't going to reverse after about 2 mins they both took the hint and reversed back a few yards as we passed I asked what the rush was as the site doesn't open till 12 only to get a go away response in crude language.

Had this happen at Keswick C&CC site, left at 10:45 & 3 caravans already queueing at the barrier, there is a fairly long potholed drive from the main road to the barrier which needs a bit of zigzagging to negotiate & I for one would not give way to an early arrival, let them reverse out. Luckily at that time no one else came but it makes for a nervous departure.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

About time busy sites had proper access roads

Have you been to Burrs Country Park. You drive through the site of an old cotton mill!

I have been going to Bury for 30 yrs. The town is not the first in Greater Manchester that I would visit - maybe one of the last.

But Burrs CC site is delightful and a lovely surprise, is superb for quick access to Central Manchester and is the only site we have been to twice.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Equally I find the same sort of thing when arriving at say 12. 30 and meet outfits exiting a site. One that I remember last year was the Grange-Over-Sands Site just inside the access road. Some folk seem to think that a 12pm departure means 12. 30 is OK.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I did block an access/exit road once due to a standoff with an early van and then opened the van to put the kettle on. They reversed and let me pass once I had finished my cuppa. B)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

We had that happen last time we were there we left at 1100 and as I turned the corner and onto the bridge 2 outfits came down at a good pace and tried to cross the bridge. I just stopped where I was well over halfway as I couldn't get through and I wasn't going to reverse after about 2 mins they both took the hint and reversed back a few yards as we passed I asked what the rush was as the site doesn't open till 12 only to get a go away response in crude language.

I have an HD DashCam which records the number plates & the sound of any "conversation". All time & date stamped.

Not everyone has a DashCam but plenty have smartphones, that could be used it to back-up a complaint to the CClub or C&CCLUB.

Until we freely report such selfish & obstructive behaviour these parasites will continue to offend rule abiding members.

Swizz

I have an HD DashCam which records the number plates & the sound of any "conversation". All time & date stamped.

Not everyone has a DashCam but plenty have smartphones, that could be used it to back-up a complaint to the CClub or C&CCLUB.

Until we freely report such selfish & obstructive behaviour these parasites will continue to offend rule abiding members.

Methinks some people are easily offended! :unsure:

However, the clubs may be keen to act upon time and date stamped photographic evidence and educate the parasites (?) and idiots who transgress the rules and offending (some of?) the rule abiding members by issuing alarm clocks set to an appropriate arrival and departure time with every booking confirmation. :D

Should the clubs not be keen on such action perhaps a gentle word from those offended to those who offend at the time of the offensive behaviour would help to educate the transgressors into a more suitable attitude to the rules.

Dream on Swizz. ............................................................... ;)

Burrs CC site clearly state no arrival before 12. 00, in both the book and on booking statement. reason is because the approach road is not suitable for caravan passing each other. however 6 inconsiderate idiots decided that this rule does not apply to them, they arrive before 12. 00, travelling in convoy close to each other which cause me to nearly smashing some parked cars mirrors and damaging my caravan, I am glad of my experience driving large vehicle. I hope they had not caused any mishap on approaching the site gate as there was a few other caravan ready to leave. if any of you idiots is reading this next time check before you travel.

Even though there are barriers at the site entrance, clearly something else is needed to prevent the 'I know better' individuals that don't think the rules apply to them.

Burr CC site - 1.jpg

Something like this at the entrance to the approach road maybe?

Burr CC site - 2.jpg

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Methinks some people are easily. Offended

Dream on Swizz. ............................................................... ;)

Beejay, are you suggesting that I get my baseball bat out rather than work to the rules ?

The gentleman I quoted had been told to go away in jerky movements !

IMVHO that deserves some retribution.

Tut tut !

David

Swizz

It isn't easy to judge arrival times and sometimes you may get there a little bit early.

The answer? pull up a couple of miles from the site and ring the wardens to ask if it is O. K. to proceed. Those sites where it causes problems would then have the right to enforce this rule which after all is for the good of all. As said before if I was exiting before noon and someone was coming in early then a stand off may be the only way to get through to these inconsiderate people. ...Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

I did block an access/exit road once due to a standoff with an early van and then opened the van to put the kettle on. They reversed and let me pass once I had finished my cuppa. B)

Clever that !!

Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 SE Tech 2016 - Fuji White

Coachman Festival 640/6 - 2011

Most of those posting seem reasonably sure that the offending early caravans were attempting to flout the rules.

However we are actually talking about people progressing along the nation's highways, & there is absolutely no civil offence committed & an infraction of club rules only occurs when they actually go through the gates.

To stop the road being blocked, they are almost blackmailing the wardens, to let them through promptly.

There could however be an early arrival supplementary charge of say the cost of an extra day, at peak season rates, just to remind them of the site rules !

To apply this it would need to be stated in the site entry instead of the present "do not arrive before noon".

The supplement would be fair & applied at the time of the offence. So people might really try not to offend again

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz

Most of those posting seem reasonably sure that the offending early caravans were attempting to flout the rules.

However we are actually talking about people progressing along the nation's highways, & there is absolutely no civil offence committed & an infraction of club rules only occurs when they actually go through the gates.

To stop the road being blocked, they are almost blackmailing the wardens, to let them through promptly.

There could however be an early arrival supplementary charge of say the cost of an extra day, at peak season rates, just to remind them of the site rules !

To apply this it would need to be stated in the site entry instead of the present "do not arrive before noon".

The supplement would be fair & applied at the time of the offence. So people might really try not to offend again

David

What a brilliant idea. .Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Thank you Peter,

I was just about to edit my proposal. In line 2 I belatedly realised that where I said "civil offence" I meant criminal offence.

Otherwise it all seemed reasonable to me. Much better than my earlier inflammatory comments !

I'm a member of both clubs & could write to both but one voice would be ignored.

I've not been to the site quoted but have seen similar difficulties, but at a lesser level, at Cambridge C&CClub site.

I could raise a poll on this subject but it's all very internal to this forum & both clubs might choose to ignore such a reasonable idea.

Could Admin please advise us if this forum could generate a petition based on post #17 (but substituting criminal for civil in line 2)

David

Swizz