Hot Water Not Working !

reg&tess

Hello new to this forum which was recommended by a friend.

I've had a Lunar Lexon EWL 2006 for the last 3 years, which were really happy with. Towards the end of last season we had a problem with our hot water. Every time we switched our electric switch on for the hot water it would trip the electric off at the hook up outside the van. All October we got by with boiling the kettle our carrying our pots over to a communal wash area. Want to get it all sorted out for the new season, so any help or tips would be fantastic.

:) Thanks Darren.

Most likely the element has gone. Do you know what boiler is in the van?

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

The elements have gone in your water heater. The unit should still work on gas though, no need to rely on kettles as sole hot water source. There are instructions available on line to replace element, if you Google Truma Ultraheat or Carver Cascade.

Edited by b4bill

Sorry to contradict the previous three posters but I think it's something more than the element having burnt out. I'm currently in Spain for the winter and when I arrived here back in November, I discovered my hot water wasn't getting hot on the electric. In spite of the element not working, it didn't trip the breaker. All the other electrical services worked normally. I had a replacement sent out from the UK and after switching them over, it solved the difficulty.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Sorry to contradict the previous three posters but I think it's something more than the element having burnt out. I'm currently in Spain for the winter and when I arrived here back in November, I discovered my hot water wasn't getting hot on the electric. In spite of the element not working, it didn't trip the breaker. All the other electrical services worked normally. I had a replacement sent out from the UK and after switching them over, it solved the difficulty.

What was the replacement you had if it wasn't the element?

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm sure it's a Truma heater but will check next time I go back to where our vans stored. I'll also have a look at Google for instructions on fitting, thanks b4bill for that,

What was the replacement you had if it wasn't the element?

It was the element that was burnt out. The point I was making was that a burnt out element may not be the cause of your breaker triggering.

It was the element that was burnt out. The point I was making was that a burnt out element may not be the cause of your breaker triggering.

It was not his breaker that was tripping, it was the site EHU.

It has to be some sort of short for it to trip as the trips are over current.

Burnt out element is the first place to look.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

So the element was faulty if not burnt out. You confirmed the diagnosis it was burnt out.

[

Sorry to contradict the previous three posters but I think it's something more than the element having burnt out. quote name=Jaydug" post="990585" timestamp="1392572637]

Edited by b4bill

Could I ask the board what tools I'll require for changing the element.

Thanks.

Providing you don't need to move any furniture, all you'll need is a 7mm spanner and an electrical screwdriver.

PS. There are two types - 450W & 850W

Edited by Jaydug