French Sites Advice Needed Please

Hi we are thinking of going to France in May (subject to the Sites no longer being flooded after looking on Google at flooding in France) and SWMBO is confident this will be OK .

We have chosen La Venise Verte as our first site and are looking at 3 other potential sites which are Val Verte (ref A25 cc book) La Bolee d Air (A31)and La Moutte Cendree (A20) One of the concerns I have is that some of these sites are warning of "access to pitches may require care for larger outfits" I wonder if any forum member has been to these sites and would consider the advice to be overcautious or understated.

my outfit is 42 foot long (Landcruiser and twin axle van) any comments good or bad would be welcome.

Regards

Doug

2016 Ssangyong Rexton EX 2. 2 auto & 2018 Bailey series 4 Pampalona.

I used to have a fifth wheel and yankee truck, I full timed in France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy, never booked and it was before the internet. never had much of a problem, Pull up to a site if I could not get in try another until I could, height was more of a problem, and of course getting trapped and could not turn round, no movers on a fifth wheel.

Sites are so plentiful, and anyway they always let you have a walk round the site before you book, just do not turn up at lunchtime they are usually shut.

Hi we are thinking of going to France in May (subject to the Sites no longer being flooded after looking on Google at flooding in France) and SWMBO is confident this will be OK .

We have chosen La Venise Verte as our first site and are looking at 3 other potential sites which are Val Verte (ref A25 cc book) La Bolee d Air (A31)and La Moutte Cendree (A20) One of the concerns I have is that some of these sites are warning of "access to pitches may require care for larger outfits" I wonder if any forum member has been to these sites and would consider the advice to be overcautious or understated.

my outfit is 42 foot long (Landcruiser and twin axle van) any comments good or bad would be welcome.

Regards

Doug

This warning often relates to trees restricting access onto enclosed pitches rather than the site roads.

If you have a mover then manoeuvering is easier on 'tight' pitches.

I have used Venise Verte and don't recall any access problems, it is a fairly "plain" setup with marked pitches and wide enough roads. We quite likes it but it was April and the weather was not great.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

My recollection of Camping Venise Verte is that there is no problem with the pitches. However, on entry to the site there is a sharp right hand corner just after going through the barrier round the corner of the Reception building. With care this should be possible even for a very long outfit. You can see this on 'Street View' of the site entrance on Google Earth.

It is a nice camp site.

I used to have a fifth wheel and yankee truck, I full timed in France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy, never booked and it was before the internet. never had much of a problem, Pull up to a site if I could not get in try another until I could, height was more of a problem, and of course getting trapped and could not turn round, no movers on a fifth wheel.

Sites are so plentiful, and anyway they always let you have a walk round the site before you book, just do not turn up at lunchtime they are usually shut.

Good advice.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.