Need A New Tv

My caravan tv is playing up, keeps switching itself off randomly.

The one I've got now is a Samsung 22 inch LED

Can anyone recommend one?

I want a 22 inch and It's got to have a USB port built in and support MKV and AVI files.

Cheers.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Just to check before you shell out for anew one.

Does this happen on both mains and battery?

The reason I ask, is it's a common problem with various brands of TV with low voltage.

If it's only happening on battery use, you either have a problem with the battery, or, more likely the volt drop to the TV is too great once the battery has discharged a little.

If the latter, replacing the TV is unlikely to solve the problem, unless you can source one with a substantially lower current draw.

The only option would be to run a heavier cable (fused) from the leisure battery to the TV.

If the problem is on both mains and battery, then the set is at fault.

Dedicated caravan TVs such as Avtex, or the cheaper Cello Traveller range are recommended, as they are much more tolerant to the varying voltage of a leisure battery under load or charging conditions.

Also they tend to draw less power than some others.

Both brands are available with USB ports, integrated DVD player, and even built in HD satellite for reasonable cost.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

finding one with MKV abillity will be a struggle, I bought a cyclone 2 player for our van tv and its a little treasure and plays anything you throw at it, the V3 version even takes power from a usb so you dont need a mains adapter, and has 8 gig of memory built in.

if the tv still does the same on mains, check the psu adapter, somewhere like maplins do similar replacements, and if you buy one and its not suitable they will refund you.

Strangely enough, we got the tv home and it works ok!!

It was plugged into the mains on the caravan site, so why it kept switching off, i dont know!!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

If the caravan is at home, try it again in the 'van off the house mains.

It could be a poor/intermittent connection in the mains supplies within the 'van which will need investigation (depending on competence, can be d-i-y as most likely a loose wire connection somewhere).

It could also have been due to a 'brown out' dip in the mains voltage on a site supply - due to high demand (heat light TV) on the site and the cable sizing to the 'bollard sockets' not allowing for the number of users at that high demand level?

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

If the caravan is at home, try it again in the 'van off the house mains.

It could be a poor/intermittent connection in the mains supplies within the 'van which will need investigation (depending on competence, can be d-i-y as most likely a loose wire connection somewhere).

It could also have been due to a 'brown out' dip in the mains voltage on a site supply - due to high demand (heat light TV) on the site and the cable sizing to the 'bollard sockets' not allowing for the number of users at that high demand level?

It happened just after the storms the other week, power went down in the village for a few hours, but at the time, i didn't put 2 and 2 together!!