Lunar Premier 415 93 Low Hot Water Pressure

vulcan7

Hi all

I've got the above caravan and had it from new over the years the hot water pressure in the bathroom /shower all works from same tap has deteriorated so much so that SWMOB won't have a shower in the van !
Over the time I have replaced submersible pump and pipe, pressure valve, micro-switch.
The hot water heater is a dual fuel Carver Cascade I have changed one-way valve short pipes to pressure valve and to water inlet on side of van. all to no avail. Tried blowing through pipes but seems clear unless heat of water is causing pipe to kink ? I've also changed inners of hot water tap with cold. Could it be the long pipe from tee to tap it's red I would have to remove tip-up sink to change this. One thing I do notice is higher voltage drop when pumping hot water.
Could I fit booster pump to increase pressure if so what do you recommend and advice on what's best place.
Steve

if I were you after all that work try fitting an uprated pump, after you check the boiler does not need a de-scale that is? Also check the voltage on the pump connections as cable deteriorates with age and you can have voltage drop.

I don't like inboard pumps as mine was so noisy it had me climbing the walls! however the new ones are now much better. I have a external pump in my new van and it works great in the shower, so maybe just get an uprated external??

Hi brilock

Thanks for your input yea may try uprated pump but one of my aqua rolls is very old and only has a small filler so will have to look for a pump that's not to wide or buy another roll as I do like having two.

I have checked wiring in years gone by but will recheck, what make of pump do you have now ?

I have a Truma ultraflow, well worth updating your water bottles I had to do the same. They also do a narrower pump but not as powerful.

If the flow at the taps seems OK is the shower head OK??

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Good point I have tried two shower heads and hose but no different and the shower head is used for the tip up sink as well. Its not as bad when on hook up. However most of the time it's rallys and no hook up !