Karcher Pressure Washer

tictag

Well, it was a bit of a gamble because I've heard doom-sayers say that pressure washers and inverters are not a good mix. Well, bolstered by the fact my new inverter seemed to keep up with everything I throw at it, I decided to take a chance and bought a Karcher K2 Car.

I can happily report that it works brilliantly! :)

Shove the hose pipe in the aquaroll or on a tap, plug into the 'van's external socket and away you go pressure washing car, caravan, bike etc. Doesn't even surge as much as the microwave and runs happily at around 1KW.

My inverter is a a Victron 1,600W MultiPlus compact.

post-63455-0-38617100-1392488809_thumb.jpg

post-63455-0-29421400-1392488810_thumb.jpg

I bought one years ago and it hangs in the garage. .it took the stripes off the side of my Lunar. ..perhaps they use better glue these days.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I believe Karcher use plastic rather than metal in the construction of their pumps, so got a Nilfisk instead, and you can adjust the nozzle pressure so it doesn't blast the sealant off the van.

Land Rover is now back towing.

I bought one years ago and it hangs in the garage. .it took the stripes off the side of my Lunar. ..perhaps they use better glue these days.

geoff

I've got a pressure washer with a cat pump in the shed, I can clean, rinse & dry the car easier & quicker than I can get the pressure washer out :lol:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I've got a pressure washer with a cat pump in the shed, I can clean, rinse & dry the car easier & quicker than I can get the pressure washer out :lol:

What does the cat think of that then??

geoff

geoff

Why did you hold it close enough to do that. I washed a laurel hedge with my washer without a leaf dropping.

Remember it is not the tool that does the damage but.

I'll likely be using the car brush thing on the van, then a low pressure rinse. Good point about blowing the sealant off!

Why did you hold it close enough to do that. I washed a laurel hedge with my washer without a leaf dropping.

It's a good job laurel is hardy. ;)

Sam :beardy:

Remember it is not the tool that does the damage but.

Despite what u may think I am not a complete idiot . .yet, It was done from a gantry and about 8 ft away

Gf

Pressure washers are infinetly adjustable, either by the fan pattern or more importantly how far away you hold them. You can easily make it so that when washing your car or van that the water hits the surface at less pressure than that of rain falling from above.

They are not dangerous, I am not stupid because I use one, they are a very useful tool when used correctly. Shoved up close witha narrow spray pattern would not be clever, this could strip paint. But I doubt anybody would do that.

Yes the stripes also came off when scrubbed by a tractor wheel, so must have been them. .....

geoff

I decided to take a chance and bought a Karcher K2 Car.

I can happily report that it works brilliantly! :)

I was thinking of buying the exact same model Tictag . .. do you recommend it? . .. and where did you find the best price?

John

Geoff, are you disagreeing with what I say about how adjustable jet washers are?

No. .....Mine,which I have had for 16 years is actually a Kew. ....I bought it to clean my conservatory roof, which it failed to do it also doesn't clean the grime off my patio flags. .....it doesn't do, and never has, high pressure. If I want to clean underneath the car after a weekend rally. . I go to a service station and pay £2. 00 to blast mud off. ......so when it lifted the stripes of my Lunar it wasn't being used at any greater pressure than a normal hand held hose.

geoff

I wouldn't recommend using the brush supplied with the Karcher.

It will leave the paintwork in a mess as it's bristles are very hard.

I'm now on my 3rd Karcher over the years and never use the brush on the car or caravan.

Now the patio brush is a different thing, as it works brilliant.

I used to wash all the cement paths around the house direct by jet then found the patio brush supplied with my latest model cuts the job in half.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

I was thinking of buying the exact same model Tictag . .. do you recommend it? . .. and where did you find the best price?

John

I actually bought mine from Homebase but only because I was there and they had a 15% off day. That said, Amazon was still a few pounds cheaper but I compromised on price to walk away with it.

My main reason for buying this particular model was because I could use it with my inverter. It's not as powerful as I would have liked but a reasonable compromise given the limitations I have. I actually have one of the bigger units (no longer on sale but similar to the K7). I'd go for a more powerful model if electrical power is not an issue. Maybe the K4. Also, it might be worthwhile seeing if you can get a demo of the K4 because I do find the K2 quite loud. Sounds like it screaming in pain!

The kits (e. g. Car) come with some pretty good stuff that'll cost you a bomb to buy separately. I use the 'blaster' thing all the time on my bigger unit.