Blow Up Awnings

smart

Kampa 330 pro air awning here at last after two release date let downs hopefully get to use later this month bigger than expected packed away!!!! and its not been blown up yet ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky you! We are still waiting for our 390, not too bothered given the weather at the moment I suppose but Kampa did say it would be early december when we were at the nec, it'll be here when it's here I suppose!

Pick my 260 up tomorrow.

2015 swift challenger se 530

Mitsubishi shogun sg4

330 Pro Air being picked up tomorrow. Apparently the 390 is massively over-sold (again), you're looking at least April for availability from dealers; unless you order at NEC; those orders will allegedly be given priority :) . Lookiing forward to trying out the 330 in first week of March ;)

330 Pro Air being picked up tomorrow. Apparently the 390 is massively over-sold (again), you're looking at least April for availability from dealers; unless you order at NEC; those orders will allegedly be given priority :) . Lookiing forward to trying out the 330 in first week of March ;)

When it is just so easy to set up, it makes sense that a lot of people will go for the largest version available. We make a lot more of the 390 sizes, but as the AIR awnings are so intricate in their design, the awnings take a long time to make so there is unfortunately a lack of availability early in the season. :(

Glad to hear that a number of you have already been able to get your AIR awnings. The instructions from the Pro version have unfortunately been omitted, this has already been rectified for future deliveries and we will be getting a number of instructions printed on glossy paper. Hit me up with a message and I will get some sent to you when we receive them, alternatively our instructions can be found here; http://www. kampa. co. uk/instructions/awnings

Thank you for your support and let me know how you get on.

Edited by Kampa Max

They may float better with those air tubes! Especially off Canvey!

Introducing the Canvey Island Rally AIR, now with an anchor the ability to reach depths of 500 metres!

You are in safe hands with Camping and General, they are local to us.

Kampa Air Pro 390 promised delivery end of Feb but just received letter from dealer telling me now arriving in April hopefully in time fort Easter. (Mind you that's only an "anticipated" delivery date so could be a moveable feast like the Chinese New Year!)

Apparently the Chinese New Year has interrupted production. (I'm sure that the Chinese New Year can be fairly accurately predicted or do they really make up a different date each year for fun and to confuse Kampa Factory Managers!)

I, for one, will be highly disgusted if people attending a Caravan Show can buy the awning there when I have taken the trouble to order and pay a deposit. I hope Kampa will confirm that customers already in the pipeline will be dealt with first!

As a contributor to this thread already I will be interested to hear you comment Kampa Max!

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

well !!! we ordered an inflatable awning from our local supplier at the beginning of january, it is the kampa 390, we were told it would be here in mid feb, we have just had a letter from kampa saying it wont be here until april, and they can not guarrentee it will be here by easter. This is due to production problems, and great demand for them,,,,,, any one else having these problems ?? Still must'nt whinge too much, alot of people are flooded out and have ruined homes,,,, I just haven't got my blow up awning !!!!!

kia sorento kx3 pulling bailey barcelona u2, very well

There is an existing thread running and a reply by Kampa themselves. ..

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/91458-kampa-330-air-pro/

cheers

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

There appear to be loads for sale new if you Google them. Why not cancel and buy one for immediate delivery?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

There appear to be loads for sale new if you Google them. Why not cancel and buy one for immediate delivery?

I think you will finds it means immediate delivery. ....when they become in stock!

We saw them at the NEC and after seeing a large number of people trip up going in and out of them we gave them a miss. Remember to pick your feet up if you've bought one.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

We saw them at the NEC and after seeing a large number of people trip up going in and out of them we gave them a miss. Remember to pick your feet up if you've bought one.

Step has been removed on the 2014 model

Got the 330 pro today from camping and general in canvey, essex.

Will give a full update on out of the box first use, and another in a month of how its getting on.

Can it really be this easy?

Okay, as promised here's my out of the box review, a deflation ready to pack away, and a re-inflation.

Disclaimer- I have nothing to do with Kampa. I'm a merely active caravanner who likes this forum and to share my experiences.

Out of box

Definitely read the writing and don't open it with a knife. Nope, I didn't, but just inside the box is the textile bag and awning. It's actually easy enough to open without one. Just use some scissors to snip the outer cords, like I did, shimmy them down and off.

After rolling out the awning (hmmmm freshhhhhh :) ) and identifying the hand pump I did the usual slide in, peg down the back pegs and guy ropes, then got pumping.

Nothing happened after much huffing and puffing. Aha! Nozzle connected to deflate side. Change sides.

Literally after about 15 firm inflation pumps it was standing proud. Unbelievably easy. Yes. Really. Like that.

So I then decided to deflate it as to prepare to pack up.

Deflation

I turned a knob, there was a whooshing for about 30 seconds and it was down. Flat. Empty. Amazing.

Re-inflation

Yep, you guessed, 15 pumps and it was standing again.

Once I pegged it all down I pumped some more air in and it was solid as a rock.

Some people mentioned about punctures and leaks. Well mines been up for 24hrs and it's been fine. It was deathly quiet during the night with the breeze- no canvas squeaking and poles flexing.

If there is any product that I can truly put my name to, it is without doubt this awning.

It really is 2014 design and I am chuffed to bits.

Yes, the pegging down did take the longest. ...10mins. So altogether now it's unpacked I definitely reckon that a fresh setup will be 20mins (hardstanding, metal pegs) and take down about 10mins.

I can see Kampa have been monitoring this thread. I want to say well done! What more incredible design can you give us next?

Ordered a Kampa Air Rally Pro 390 at the NEC Show Tuesday, delivery in May, can't wait! Must be the way to go especially for short breaks. Got the corner poles - holds it more firmly against the caravan - thrown in & also ordered a groundsheet & Storm Tie Down Kit.

The show wasn't too busy, nice to walk round when they're like that.

Silverfox nice report - look forward to some updates after a year of use maybe to see how they are coping with regular external use. Anything that makes whole experience easier and more enjoyable is good by me

Enjoy your new toy!

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I can remember my uncle having an inflatable igloo tent in the 80's. it was quite a clever concept back then too.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Went to NEC show yesterday (Wednesday). Watched the demo at the Kampa stand. Ordered the small Air Pro for £599 - but not from the Kampa stand. Got the poles, storm straps, roof canopy and ground sheet included in the price. Been told today by phone to expect delivery of the awning next week.

We saw the Air Pro at the Caravan show in Oct but decided not to order until November. We sold our old Air 390 for nearly as much as we paid for it

We ordered the 330 Pro from Glossop Caravans and got told it would be Late Jan before it would be delivered. Got a call telling us it would be first week in Feb. And true to their word they called up and said it was in. All collected last weekend. :)

Just got to wait 3 weeks now until we can try it out :) Hopefully being a bit shorted it won't go over our window.

I imagine it will be just as easy as our old 390 to put up and down. So simple, quick and effort less. Kampa just need to work out a fancy way to automatically peg it down now as that's the hardest part now!

Kampa Air Pro 390 promised delivery end of Feb but just received letter from dealer telling me now arriving in April hopefully in time fort Easter. (Mind you that's only an "anticipated" delivery date so could be a moveable feast like the Chinese New Year!)

Apparently the Chinese New Year has interrupted production. (I'm sure that the Chinese New Year can be fairly accurately predicted or do they really make up a different date each year for fun and to confuse Kampa Factory Managers!)

I, for one, will be highly disgusted if people attending a Caravan Show can buy the awning there when I have taken the trouble to order and pay a deposit. I hope Kampa will confirm that customers already in the pipeline will be dealt with first!

As a contributor to this thread already I will be interested to hear you comment Kampa Max!

Hi John,

We apologise for the delay and have taken a number of measures to ensure that the stock arrives with our dealers as quickly as possible. Orders placed at the NEC show have been quoted delivery in May to allow for those who have already placed orders with their dealers to receive their awning. We took the decision to make everyone aware of the situation rather than keep customers in the dark upon realisation that stock that was meant to be sent to us before the CNY was not going to be sent until after.