New Awning April

Coastline

We are looking for new awning for our Swift Coastline 584 2012 model we are looking at Nr awnings & Bradcot, Isabella may be too expensive we would like carbon poles as we need to be light wight as possible we have been been told by one caravaner do not buy them not sure why.

Can any one tell us there pefences for awning manufactures? And why, also any pointers on how to buy, thanks.

if you can afford it the new inflatable awnings are a great buy, instead of breaking the tubes bend so much more suitable for stormy weather. Very easy to put up to. The Isabella range is without doubt the best longest lasting range to buy, they also have a good re-sale value. Fibre glass/carbon poles are very strong and light, much better than metal ones hence more expensive.

bradcot are good awnings, but check out the fabric quality as this is important.

Martin, I think i am correct in saying carbon poles are very stif and do not have much give. due to this they tend to reach a point and just snap. We have steel as there is no option on our awning. but at over 80kg all in its not much cop for touring.

i disagree carbon and fibreglass are much better than steel. only 4 awnings are still up on our site. they all have steel poles. they just have there place in the market.

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

We have had Isabella Penta with steel poles bought second hand from dealer.

Bradcot porch bought new from a dealer.

Trio Viking bought new from a dealer.

Isabella magnum bought second hand from eBay.

Penta was great for family hols with kids, esp wet days. Quality magnificent,weight more so.

Trio, viking fabric near to quality of isabella, 3m deep so good for ballroom dancing.

Bradcot, storage for wet gear when in van out of season. Not fantastic quality.

Magnum, great for caravanning for 2, big enough to sit out in during showers. Good quality. Bought used via ebay.

My wife loves the isabella zips, chunky and efficient, not sure you can justify isabella price just for zips but the awnings do last a long time.

Much depends on where you are using the van and do you need to accommodate kids/ visitors

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

We went to the NEC show last year expressly to buy a porch awning and after a lot of looking, prodding & poking decided on the Ventura Cadet (which is basically an Isabella, without some of the bells & whistles - it's got fibreglass poles instead of carbon fibre) - the main reason was the quality and secondly the price.

We got a previous years colour & model for about 25% off the then current Ventura price and about 50% less than the Isabella equivalent (Minor). Checking the internet when we got home we couldn't equal the discount we got at the show, it was cheaper even than the Bradcot that we'd just about chosen.

We are very impressed, it goes up like a dream and is as solid as a brick outhouse

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

We have had quite a few different awnings with both steel and carbonxl. Have a second hand isabella caprix lux with the carbon xl poles,Before this one we had an ambassador with fibre poles. We have a fair bit of wind down in west Cornwall to say the least,and have never had any problems with fibre poles. The best thing about them is weight.

We have been looking at Ventura Awnings there are some good deals around, we over winter in Spain and the winds can be very high gusts of up to 40 mph.

We have an Isabella full awning which is great and has withstood some scary storms. We also have an NR porch awning which is equally good.

If I were to replace the Isabella for any reason I would look at the NR range seriously.

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

We have an Isabella full awning which is great and has withstood some scary storms. We also have an NR porch awning which is equally good.

If I were to replace the Isabella for any reason I would look at the NR range seriously.

Why would you look at NR awnings?

Cost! For good quality.

Edited by Alansl

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

Why would you look at NR awnings?

I have the NR Balmoral with fibre poles. Excellent value and well made.

Unicorn Valencia S1 Xtrail MK4 2. 0DCi

I wouldn't be looking at new frankly. ......there are so many good awnings out there where a change of van has meant a part-exchange. ........and I would only be looking at IXL or similar poles. .lightweight and with flexibility. ..

Bent lots of metal ones in the past. ...never bent or broken a fibre glass one. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

• 2 weeks later...